“Eureka! ”

The Pasty Republic
Ranked #1,391 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome. I became addicted to pasties when I lived in Wisconsin and when I heard about this place I came up from Colorado Springs to check it out. It's cute little bitty shop and they have several different varieties beyond what was available back in Wisconsin. The Miner Is pretty much the same as the classic version that I fell in love with , with steak , potatoes, rutabaga, and onions. They have an Italian variation and a stout variation similar to a British steak pie, plus several other varieties. The crust is the perfect balance between light and flaky yet sturdy enough . Just the right amount of crust, not too much and not too little. The seasoning is just perfect and I actuallylike these a little betterthanthe ones I had back there. Well worth the drive, partly because I bought a couple dozen frozen ones to bring back and put in my freezer. And they're a dollar cheaper if you buy frozen ones and bake them yourself. I'm thrilled to find this place and will be back soon !

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We’d been wanting to try The Pasty Republic for awhile, and since we were running errands in Northwest Denver, we decided to stop there for lunch. We were greeted at the door by a friendly young man who explained the menu to us. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. And the fresh baked pastries were wonderful. The pasties were flavorful, hot, and fresh. Service was fast and courteous.

Pasties are not commonly found here in Colorado, and we are pleased that Pasty Republic is now part of Denver’s culinary scene. Good wholesome tasty food at a reasonable price. Breakfast and vegetarian options are available. We picked up some frozen pasties from their freezer case to take home as well (simple preparation instructions are written on the wrappers). Looking forward to returning!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

If you look at my past reviews, I was the first person to make a review on the Pasty Republic. After searching Colorado, I was very happy to find a quality Pasty that had the true authentic taste of England. On my past few visits I noticed the Pasties ( I drove 60 miles) were not the same flavor and were very dry. Also, I noticed an expanded menu to include a breakfast menu and other non British items. This past weekend, I found out the Pasty Republic is under new ownership which may explain the change in taste and menu. I also bought two frozen Pasties to enjoy later. When I ready to warm one of the frozen Pasties, there was no cooking instructions as normally on the wrapper, so I called. I asked the woman who answered the phone about the warming instructions because none were listed and she rudely snapped 355 degrees for 30 minutes. She also stated that I must have bought the Pasty from somewhere else and hung up. I have supported the original owner, John, for years but I will no longer go out of my way for a subpar Pasty or nasty customer service. This is a Sad Day for Pasty Lovers. Not Recommended !

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Grumpy lady served incorrectly and overpriced 2 drinks 2 pasties. I'd have got better service at half the price at greggs just a minute up the road !

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is my first negative review:

As a local of the Tennyson neighborhood, we are surrounded with many choices of great food, and I am unhappy to report that despite having a good Pasty (I bought two) and ice cream cone, this makes the third time in a row I have been served by the skinny brunette chick with attitude and tattoos. Is this the ambiance The Party Republic is pursuing? Perhaps.

This woman would best be described as having an attitude of "simmering hostility". Somehow I felt like an intruder eating here-once again, for the third time, same lady. At $9.20 for a small snack, admittedly good, I think it's over priced now, especially when served by someone with a contemptuous affect.

The ice cream cone was good too, but beware! The labeled 2 Scoops/$4.00 price is deceptive. When I paid for my cone, the skinny chick charged me $5.40. When I questioned the price, (I was not excited to challenge this lady) she said the waffle cone was a buck. I'm surprised I wasn't charged for napkins and seating...but hey, at least the hostility is free!

Rating: Overpriced, hostile service. If you are the owner, your staff may benefit from courtesy training, and a sugar pill. This would also no doubt improve sales. Avoid it. There are too many better choices within a block. I will not be back.

1  Thank comicrebel