“A quaint little place for cosy, a value for money meal”

Biju's Little Curry Shop
Ranked #182 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Indian
Description: We are a Fast and Friendly, made from scratch restaurant inspired by the south of India. We serve large curry bowls in a fast-casual setting. No reservations or buffets, just great food. 2 locations in Denver.
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I had done a longish research on availablity of vegetarian food in Denver LoDo and Biju's little curry shop showed up. The name was interesting enough and the foodie in me decided on the place for having our lunch during the forced layover of about 8 hours at Denver airport.

My wife and I took the RTD to the Union station and walked the 1.1 mile distance to the restaurant through quaint streets and reached without inquiring the route from anyone. The weather also was bright and sunny, although we were feeling comfortable in light jackets.

The food choice is limited, but the available selections make a full meal. The phrase, "No one will go hungry in this place" looked ideal here.

We asked for one order of veggies in a bowl and chappathies. One sweet lassi and a bottle of IPA were the thirst quenchers.

The food was wholesome and the meal in abowl concept was new to us. It was a fusion of biryani, sambar, three different vegetables, yoghurt and crushed fried papadams as garnish. The chappathis did not have any side dishes, but we managed with the fare available in the meal in a dish.

The meal in a dish is a large portion and would satisfy hunger needs of a good eater.

The place was clean and well decorated with Indian and other motifs. There were many Indian brands on display as stored raw materials and as utility holders for tissues and pepper.

The staff were very courteous and helpful.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

What a great place. If you are looking for a quality experience with a great price tag, you cannot go past this place. Be patient with the staff, they are learning. Bravo!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

My mom and I decided to give this place a try for dinner on our one night in Denver. We had been eating a lot of burgers so something different was in order. The Curry Shop didn't disappoint! Immediately upon walking in we were greeted and asked if we wanted to sample anything we weren't familiar with. As it turned out, we were rather unfamiliar with it all :) After trying two different things each we settled on our meal/meat choices then we were given suggestions of what to add. As someone who has really enjoyed curry before but is really unfamiliar with the various flavors and combinations, it was awesome to almost have my hand held in building my meal. It all tasted AMAZING!! The portions were huge so we ended up taking home almost 1/2 which we each devoured on our long drive back to Omaha the next day :) Would definitely go back!!

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Went with my friend for dinner after wanting Indian and consulting TripAdvisor. I was somewhat concerned walking from downtown this would be in an "iffy" neighborhood with a commensurate offer. We were pleasantly surprised. The menu offer is limited, though surprisingly tasty. This is truly an oasis of flavor and healthy food. Judging by the number of patrons, it's clearly popular. Well worth the trip, though one might want to Uber it here.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I went for lunch today with a friend. Small menu to choose from and then you can select sauces and toppings. I had the coconut curry chicken. Very tasty and I will be able to enjoy it again thanks to the large portion. Tough to park in Rhino but I'll visit again.

Been to Biju's Little Curry Shop? Share your experiences!