“Living in the mountains but craving seafood”
Review of Chowder Room

Chowder Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Chowder Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 3,104 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 September 2017

East Coast native here and normally I just wait till I get back home to satisfy my seafood cravings. Chowder Room was worth a try, nice unassuming name and I was in the mood for some chowdah. Perfectly sized restaurant, meaning not too big, with cozy booths inside and a few table on a sidewalk cafe kinda thing, perfect for a balmy late August night with full moon. It was pleasantly crowded, the service was excellent--good suggestions form our waitress who knew the menu ;like the back of her hand and spoke well about the daily freshness of the fish . Three of us shared a cold shellfish platter (oysters, crab, shrimp) and each of us had their own style of chowder--there are wuite a few to choose form, even a vegan one! Flavor was wonderful though my special-chowder-of-the-day didnt to seem have much actual chunks of fish. Tasty though, and with a bottle of rose was under 100 bucks. Casual but not too casual--there is no beach in sight.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This quaint little restaurant is a hidden gem. It sits in a commercial area and if you are driving on Broadway to quickly you will miss it. The food and service were great. The fish was very fresh and well seasoned. I love the little circles of crisp Gatlic toast. They are a separate order but worth the few extra dollars. I highly recommend the Chowder Room.

1  Thank Franchesca V
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great, fresh seafood in a comfortable (not stuffy) atmosphere. Great Happy Hour deals. We had two (well behaved) little ones in our party and staff was just great with them. Oysters, shrimp, 3 kinds of Chowder. and kids loved their French fries ..all excellent.....And they took reservations!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here a couple of times, both times its been outstanding.. Crab cake on Cesar salad this time. The chowder is very very good, as it must be!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Denver. It's nothing groundbreaking as far as the decor. New England-y, nautically-themed knickknacks adorn the walls to give it a crab shack feel, but the FOOD is so good. The New England Clam Chowder and the Crab and Corn chowder (it was the soup of the day when I was there) are some of the best I've ever had. The Happy Hour is very reasonable, if you can control yourself, but I can't, with $6 bowls of chowder, $4 crab claws, coconut shrimp, and $8 crab cakes. $6 glasses of wine, but I'm on the wagon, so I couldn't tell what wines were being serving, but my date drank two glasses, so it must've been ok. Been here a handful of times, now, and it still remains some of the best seafood you can find in a landlocked state. Service was casual, yet efficient.

Been to Chowder Room? Share your experiences!