“Reliably great steak and service”
Review of Elway's

Elway's
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st & University
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I've eaten here once or twice a year for ages, and it never disappoints. The service is always top-notch and the steaks are delicious and cooked exactly the way you want them. Sides are ordered separately and there are many delicious ones to choose from, including creamed corn, creamed spinach, and different kinds of potato servings. There are many interesting appetizers to choose from.

I've been here for romantic dinners for two, family events, and business meals. Also seen couples on prom dates and the like. It's a place where you can go all dressed up if you want and you won't look out of place.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Elway's on a Sunday evening in October. Had reservations through Open table, we were seated immediately. Host was friendly and smiling as he led us to our booth in the back of the restaurant away from anyone else. Immediately was visited by our server, who took our drink order and an order for the grilled artichoke, which was amazing. As we were finishing our artichoke, our salads arrived. The presentation was beautiful, as was the flavor. The wedge was fresh, with a good amount of blue cheese and strips of bacon. The Caesar was light and fresh as well. After the salads we had a lull of about 10-15 minutes, which in my opinion was perfect. We got our drinks refilled, let our food settle, and we were prepared for the main entrees. I had a boneless prime ribeye, cooked to a perfect medium rare, and my guest had a filet, also cooked perfectly. The crust on the steaks was absolutely delicious. Flavor, tenderness, and heat were perfect in both steaks. We also had the hash browns which were tasty and hot. Too full for dessert, but the meal was perfect. Service was quick without being rushed, attentive without being bothersome. It was an awesome meal, fantastic night. I wish there was an Elway's closer to me, but I will always visit whenever I am in town. Top 3 steakhouse I have ever visited in the country.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic Dinner at Elways!! I'll start by stating how easy it was to make a reservation through Open Table. I added that we were celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary!! I'd heard it was expensive and after reading some reviews we toyed with the idea of just going to a highly recommended burger joint BUT it was our anniversary and we'd only be in Denver one more night so we decided to go for it.

Elways in Cherry Creek was a top notch dining experience. This is a BEAUTIFUL restaurant. Paul and Sarah provided the most excellent service. Starting off with complimentary glasses of bubbly and ending with a homemade candlelit ding dong just added sparkle and shine to the huge well seasoned, perfectly cooked cowboy ribeye steaks we devoured. The presentation of the wedge salad was outstanding. The huge baked potato and creamed corn were soooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!! I know I probably gained 3 lbs but it was worth it!! Elways made this anniversary celebration one of the best ever!!!

1  Thank Hollywoodsahn
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Very nice atmosphere. The service was great and the food was very good. A little bit pricey but it was worth it.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My boss took me there for my birthday lunch with other employees. It was my choice to go there as I always heard about Elway's and I wanted to try it. We were a party of 8 (had reservations). It took at least 20min until we received our beverages. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Salad. It took another 40min until we got our food. The server was incredibly nice and they had a birthday card, signed by the waitstaff for me which I thought was very sweet. Unfortunately my salad was very bland. The salad dressing was mostly just oil and had no flavor whatsoever. As a nice surprise, I received a little birthday cake - again, a very sweet and thoughtful gesture. I am just not sure if I want to got back there for a meal - I was disappointed.

Been to Elway's? Share your experiences!