5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Westin.comUS$159
PricelineUS$159
Hotels.comUS$159
Expedia.comUS$159
FindHotelUS$159
HurbUS$174
1,659 results
All reviews palm restaurant street mall lower lobby clock tower larimer square within walking distance free bus union station mountain view valet parking downtown conference starbucks spg doorman rockies
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

Overall a good experience with one hiccup.

First, not really the hotel as the valet is a vendor... super friendly staff. Your vehicle is in good hands.

This Westin aborted a lobby remodel but the staff is still in temporary quarters in the lower lobby. A Motel 6 is more welcoming.

I’ve now stayed here twice (Oct 2020, and wrapping up 2-nights in March 2021). Both times as a Bonvoy Platinum I received an upgrade to the 18th floor. October room was significantly better and cleaner than this room. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Bathroom tub is very slippery. We both nearly slipped each shower. Bedroom is OK, decent bed and large internet enabled TV. Definitely an older property, could use a little refresh.

It’s Covid times, lip service and standard packet of wipes. Nothing felt special about the cleaning. In fact it is apparent the large window hasn’t been cleaned in months (see photo), and the bathroom vent was gross.

Stopped by the pool to take a skyline photo. Nice indoor and outdoor pool area, with a large sitting area, and a nice view of the skyline and mountains.

In October, I said I’d stay here again. I did, now I wouldn’t. The front desk staff not being overly welcoming either visit do not help this feeling.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reuben David, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations, specially after your previous visit. We will share your concerns with our team and we hope you will visit us once the renovation is complete! Once again thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 18 February 2021

This is not a review of the hotel, but one of a staff member, Chase, who works there.

My girlfriend's daughter took a trip with her boyfriend for a President's day ski trip. This was during the polar vortex. Needless to say, the trip was a perfect storm (pardon the pun) of difficulties. Getting out of Austin, Texas, having altitude sickness, having flight's cancelled, all while trying to keep up with work during days she was supposed to be back in Austin. Ultimately, they made their way to this hotel to wait 2 days for the next flight to Austin.

We called the hotel to pay for a small gift to be sent to their room to try to lift their spirits. I spoke with Chase at the front desk and offered my credit card to pay for a bottle of wine and some chocolates sent to them.

Chase said that he knew the couple as he had just checked them in. He said there was no need for the credit card and that he would have something sent to them.

Not an hour later we heard from my girlfriend's daughter saying they had just received some Preseco and chocolates. She worried that she had scared the person delivering it as she broke into tears of joy when it was delivered.

Chase's kindness, efficiency and customer service are what turns the casual customer into a loyal one. In the future, whenever I have a choice, I will be staying at a Westin! Thank you Chase.

Reviewed 17 February 2021 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Staff is great, except for one gal who was probably up too early. All the members of the parking staff are amazing and friendly! The room and the hotel was very clean. The Starbucks guy is on point as well. Everything about the hotel is awesome. Thank you for making the bitter cold weekend welcoming!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Location location. Of all the hotels in the 16th street Mall area, this is the best located because it is within walking distance to Larimer Square and Union Station. It is a large convention type of hotel and I had no complaints. The rooms were comfortable and fairly large with standard issue darker furniture. I did not feel like the staff went out of their way at this hotel but they were not unpleasant either.

1  Thank PerksAdvisor_NYC
Reviewed 14 December 2020

I visited this place twice in one week. First time got upgraded to Skyline Suite and the second time was a corner room. This hotel is large and clean and the view was gorgeous. Everything was fine but I think it is overall a little out of fashion, especially the bathroom.
Another annoying thing is no breakfast was offered. Elite members can only get 1000 points. But I guess it was because of the COVID-19. I think at least grab-and-go breakfast should be offered to Elite members like many other hotels did.

Date of stay: November 2020