“Dependable lunch venue”
Review of Henry's Tavern

Henry's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Henry's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 3,301 Restaurants in Denver
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Henry's is similar to other Denver 16th Street eateries: Earl's, Yardhouse, etc.. It's casual, comfortable and the food is predictably good. Taylor, our waitress, was delightful: Funny and efficient. My Kimchi Burger lunch special was interesting, but not spicy at all...maybe a touch too much salt on the beef patties. Great bun and plenty of meat, but I will stick to the less exotic versions in the future. The steamed broccoli (substitute for the standard fries) was prepared perfectly, right balance of soft florets and firm stems. The ambiance is comfortable; and our booth on the bar side was quieter than the dining room side. So, if you have to talk business, let them know you need quiet; and they will accommodate you, as they did us.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The only drawback to this place is that it’ll cost you $12-20 to park. If you are walking here it’s awesome.

The food is good. Large portions are the norm. There are a billion beers. The servers are polite and efficient.

If I lived around the corner I’d eat here all the time.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

This hip huge bar/restaurant is located in downtown Denver. One side had the bar and the other seating area for the restaurant portion.
This is beer heaven with over 100 beers ready to be tasted - unfortunately for us, we are not beer drinkers.
We were promptly seated and the waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. The only thing she forgot to bring was water but that’s ok. It happens.
After I ordered a classic mojito, she asked to see my ID and while I was flattered, you can also tell I’m not 29 or younger. But hey, restaurant policy is restaurant policy.
We ordered cheese curds to start. They were yummy. They came with a pepper jelly dipping sauce and, among the curds, some slices of peppers had been fried too.
My partner ordered the French dip and I ordered the bison Greek tacos.
The French dip was ok says my better half. The tacos were delicious: 2 big tacos but instead of tortilla, they were pita bread. The bison, from Colorado frommwhat we were told, was good but believe it or not, the best part of the taco was the coleslaw that came with it: fresh, crunchy...well made.
We didn’t have dessert because we had didn’t have room so maybe next time.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

This place is great. They had a large drink selection and the beer was very cold. Food was good and the best part as always was great service

Tom G, General Manager at Henry's Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for your review. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Three of us ate there on 1/5/18. We all had different meals and all loved them. The service was great. It was crowded but did not feel that way. I had the cheeseburger. Others had the salad and the salmon. We were very full upon leaving. This is our second time there and we really like this place when in Denver.

Thank you for your feedback and business. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Please visit us again soon.

Been to Henry's Tavern? Share your experiences!