“Uncomfortable seats”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 6 October 2018

The flight from Las Vegas to Denver was OK. Nothing great. The flight from Denver to Providence was on an Airbus A321. The plan has seating for 236+ people with 3 seats across on both sides of the aircraft. The problem with this plane is that the seats do not recline- making it difficult to get comfortable. The ventilation was inadequate.

1  Thank Jeff B
TristaM71, Director of Customer Care at Frontier Airlines, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Hello Jeff B,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback from your recent travel experience. I am really sorry to hear that your in flight experience was uncomfortable. At Frontier, we know that above all else, our customers want low fares to get them where they are going. We are able to offer the low fares that we do by paying close attention to our cost structure. One of the ways to do that is to address one of our single largest expenditures – fuel. Our ACRO seats are light, which does indeed save fuel, and they have 60% less moving parts that would require repair.

This, along with enabling our customers to choose the options that are important to their travel experience, is a key ingredient to keeping fares low for all of our customers. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Frontier Airlines

Write a reviewReviews (16,623)

Reviewed 6 October 2018

The fares themselves are relatively cheap - about $160 round trip to/from Syracuse.
However, you will pay extra if you want to choose your seat or check a bag.
I like the extra leg room and I had a bag to check (besides my carryon) so I paid the extra and my total ticket came to $300.
That was still cheaper than the other airlines were offering (United, Delta, and American) with a checked bag - and it was a direct flight! The others required a stop in Philadelphia, NY, Atlanta, etc.
Frontier has a very limited schedule, so my travel days were restricted, but I was flexible in my plans so that was not any issue for me.
All in all I enjoyed the experience - and their staff was very friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Paul B

Hello Paul B,

We are always pleased to hear that your recent experience was enjoyable. At Frontier, we strive to provide Low Fares Done Right for all of our passengers. We look forward to welcoming you aboard many future Frontier Airlines flights!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

first time fly on Frontier air line on Sep 27th from Phil to Cancun. Our flight was waiting on run way for almost an hour and no information about what was the cause since the weather was nice. There was no water offed after almost 2 hours on the air. I was so thirsty so asked for water. But the flight attender who was very unfriendly told me "you need to pay $2.99 for a bottle of water. After I pointed the service menu which printed: Coffer, Water is free, finally she gave me and some other passengers a couple of water. This was the worst flight experience in my life.

2  Thank Yanqing Z

Hello Yanqing Z,

I am so sorry to hear about your uncomfortable in flight experience. I understand your frustration in this situation and can only assure you that these are not the standards we strive to maintain. It is never our intent to inconvenience our passengers.

If you would like to discuss this further, please private message us on Facebook or write in at flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I booked a flight to Myrtle Beach and had to cancel due to the hurricane. They gave me a tough time to cancel and when they did they only gave me $100 back. I always go on another airline and they always refunded me the whole trip. Frontier said that I can booked another flight before 12/31 but they can only give me $100. Poor customer service. I will NEVER fly with them again. I would suggest pay alittle more and get better customer service.

1  Thank Dianne W

Hello Dianne W,

I am so sorry to hear about the refund issue from your past travel experience. I understand your frustration in this situation and can only assure you that these are not the standards we strive to maintain. It is never our intent to inconvenience our passengers.

We would like to discuss this incident further with you. Please private message us on Facebook or write in at flyfrontier.custhelp.com/app/frontierairlines. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

They cancelled my son's flight just as we were heading to the airport, no reason given. Next flight they could book him on was two days later, so we booked a last-minute on another airline and took Frontier's offer of filing a claim for reimbursement. Now, over two months later I'm still waiting for the refund. Customer service has lied, deflected, and been misleading in all interactions about the refund status. About as honest as they have been was to admit that their recent route expansions have "caused issues". No kidding, they only have 78 planes trying to serve 100+ destinations.

All this about a month after they left my wife stranded at MCO on her way to CMH from LAS. Next flight option? 3 days later. Had to book on DL to get her there, who has money and time to hang out at MCO for 3 days?!? At least we got that refund timely.

Bottom line, if you don't have to be at your destination on any particular day and can get there whenever Frontier decides to get you there, go for it.

Date of travel: July 2018

Hello IT2go,

I am really sorry to hear that your son's flight was cancelled and for the reimbursement delay you have experienced. As you can imagine, flight irregularities can be very challenging. I also know that you expect to get where you're going safely. I'm sorry you experienced a flight cancellation. It's never our intent to disappoint or inconvenience our passengers.

Frontier Airlines

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.