“U get what U pay 4”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 15 November 2019

Needed to go to Philadelphia on short notice, this was the cheapest airline- and it offered non-stop service. We did our research prior to booking, and adjusted our expectations accordingly. Definitely no-frills, as advertised. No complaints to speak of- our luggage seem to take awhile to offload.

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank ksp825
Write a reviewReviews (17,401)

Reviewed 15 November 2019

The worst flight experience I could have ever imagined. We boarded the plane and as soon as it pulled away from the gate they told us that a steering mechanism had broken. They taxied the plane to the maintenance area of the airport with us all still on board. This took about 30 minutes. Once we got there, we waited for another period of time for the maintenance worker to show up, look at the part and inform them that it was broken and start trying to get a new part. When they eventually realized they could not get the part quickly, we were taxied back to a gate and finally let off the plane after being on for a total of about 2 and a half hours. After getting off the plane, an elderly man collapsed, possibly because the frontier staff did not provide him with a wheel chair as we were getting off of the flight. As several other passengers tended to the man and tried to help save him, not a single Frontier employee was to be found. What ended up happening to this poor old man I do not know.

What I do know is that since the flight, I have contacted Frontier to try and get a refund since the flight was cancelled, but they are extremely difficult to get a hold of. I have sent emails and called their customer service line just to sit on hold for long periods of time. Never again will I even think about flying on this pathetic excuse for an airline which you do not even really save a significant amount of money by choosing once you get past all of the fees they charge for bags etc.

If anyone is considering flying on this airline, I urge you to choose one of your other options.

Date of travel: October 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 15 November 2019

I never write bad reviews, but frontier really outdid themselves. The other bad reviews are not exaggerating, the flights are always delayed. They gave me the wrong flight information which caused me to mis my flight completely and then they said it was my fault. Ridiculous. The customer service is terrible. I will never fly frontier again.

2  Thank MadelineShiv
Reviewed 15 November 2019

Frontier airlines open late, and their staffs came in 3 minutes late. There was a long line waiting. Bad services, this will be our first and last flight with Frontier.

1  Thank Navigator222863
Reviewed 15 November 2019 via mobile

On my recent honeymoon flight my husband and I paid for seats up front with better leg room and when we got to the airport our seats had been changed and we were not refunded our seat purchase as a “wheelchair” person was given my seat.

On our second flight, the same thing happened and the customer service reps said it was company policy.

My third flight this month another couple had paid for seats - exact situation happened to them- the husband ended up sitting close to where they had purchased seats and the wife ended up at the back of plane.

What is the purpose of paying for seats - not being notified of the changes and then not having your purchase refunded and told it was an expense that you have to deal with?

My disappointment with this practice is why I won’t fly Frontier airlines unless I absolutely have no other choices.

1  Thank AngeIdB
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.