“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I have been going to Oscar's for 30 years, I believe. I have never had a bad meal. Great for breakfast or lunch. I am getting a chef salad today and know it will be great. My favorite food is their french fries!!! They are awesome!

OscarsCafe18, Owner at Oscar's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Terri, thank you so much for your kind review. 30 years - how wonderful!! Our family sure appreciates your continued business and taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I asked around for a good breakfast place and everyone recommended Oscar’s. I had the breakfast burrito and my daughter had the chocolate chip cake. The hostess “Jess” was awesome! She was friendly, attentive, great recommendation, and just the best hostess! I will definitely make this a breakfast every time I an Durango.

OscarsCafe18, Owner at Oscar's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you so much for choosing Oscars! We can't wait to see you again next time!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

For a small little cafe their breakfast serves a big punch. I had the OLÉ Omlette. Green chilies, cheddar and salsa were a maniacal mix. So much do, I cannot wait to go back. Wish I was a local so I could go back often.

Thank you so much for choosing Oscars! We are so glad you enjoyed and look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

There is almost always a line, and you will be glad you waited! This place is truly a "hole in the wall", but portions are generous and fresh and delish! Good for lunch or breakfast and the waitstaff is fast, clean, and courteous.

Sherry, Thank you so much for your review. We are so lucky to have such wonderful customers to share the joy of Oscars with. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We went to Oscar’s because we were told by the locals that they had good chili. Maybe it’s because we are from Texas, but the chili was horrible and didn’t taste like chili. The onion rings were pure grease. The tables and chairs were very small and uncomfortable and the floor was filthy. I am shocked by the high ratings. We will never go back there.

1  Thank Sherry P

Sherry, we are so sorry for your experience at Oscars. We would have loved to attempt to remedy the situation if you were dissatisfied. Please, next time you are unhappy please ask to speak to the owner or manager so that we can make sure you leave happy. We apologize if the floor seemed dirty. There is no excuse, but on a busy day it may have taken it's toll on the dining room. We take pride is a clean restaurant and are sorry if this came across as anything less to you. It is our policy to not sweep while customers are eating as per the recommendation from the health department. We sure hope we can change your mind next time. Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion. We are just so sorry we couldn't remedy this at the time of your visit!