“Delightful!”
Review of O-Bar-O Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durango
O-Bar-O Cabins
Ranked #2 of 12 Durango B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Where do I start? One of the most comfortable stays ever. The beds are amazing, the robes, towels, every little thing was thoughtfully provided! We stayed at the Birdsnest cabin. This is a must stay for anyone wishing to be comfortable in the mountains and yet close enough to go and sight-see Southern Colorado! Highly recommended. Their lovable black lab even speaks Wookie!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
obaro, Owner at O-Bar-O Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks! Cooper told me he really enjoyed your visit....in Wookie, of course! We are so happy that you were comfortable. That is what vacation is really about. You need to be comfortable to re-energize. See you next time!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed at the cabins in August in the Blue Spruce and it was very cute, clean, quiet and comfortable. Mike and Maria were most helpful and accommodating for us and our support animal. The back patio with your own private barbeque was great and we sat out there every evening watching the river run. The kitchen was a bit small but that well equipped so we managed to cook just fine. There's also a nice sized and fenced dog park area. This was the perfect cabin by the river stay for us and our fur baby! :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
obaro, Owner at O-Bar-O Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for the great review! We have to agree that the river is so hypnotic. You don't even need a TV. It's like natures television! It is our goal to make sure those 4 legged, furry family members are just as comfortable as the 2 legged kind. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I booked the smallest cabin Birdsnest and it was perfection! Amazing well stocked kitchen supplies (even dish soap, towels, and leftover containers) and luxurious bed (didn't miss my official "my pillow" at all). The property is well loved and beautifully maintained. I stayed on the property each day because I wanted peace and quiet to restore my soul and that's what I received. I walked by the river, sat in different locations, read, listened, watched birds, played with Charlie (the cat) and Cooper (the sweet old dog) and really didn't want to leave. Only locked myself once! Mike and Maria and everyone else were amazing--very kind, hardworking, and friendly. I can't wait for my next trip. I simply adore O-Bar-O Cabins.

Only one suggestion--I would love to take my mom sometime. It would be nice if there were grab bars (more than one) in the shower to help steady her during her shower. :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
obaro, Owner at O-Bar-O Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for the great review! You covered all the bases with the peace and quiet! The O-Bar-O is a great place to unwind. Close to town but far enough away you don't feel like you are in the crowds. Let me know when you bring your Mom. We have a shower chair and one of those grab bars that you can place anywhere, See you soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Mike and Maria are amazing. There were fresh flowers and home made cookies when we got there. Cabin was spotless.The only negative we had was master was upstairs and bathroom down but this spot is like heaven . Just what we needed. Wish we could of stayed longer. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting some peace and quiet . You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
obaro, Owner at O-Bar-O Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for the review! We do deliver on the peace and quiet. The river is the perfect backdrop to rejuvenate. Ya know, we want to make sure everyone gets their exercise so we make sure to put the bedrooms upstairs! Just kidding. For those reading this if you need a bathroom on the same floor we have 5 of 9 cabins that fit this bill! We look forward to your next visit......hint hint....

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have always wanted to stay in a cabin by a river and have looked for that special place for years. We found it and we just finished staying there for a week. We had three cabins for six adults and six kids. The kids ran around barefoot, ate smores, played games. We rode horses, went white water rafting, played golf and every afternoon after our activities we would go home to our cabin, cook dinner and sit by the fire, tell stories and cherish the time. We all had a blast. Thanks Maria and Mike. You are the bests hosts!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
obaro, Owner at O-Bar-O Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thanks for the great review! We had a blast with your family, as well. Such a fun group. I promise to have plenty of light bulbs on hand......O-Bar-O and Durango have so much to offer in the way of activities for all ages. So excited that you had the best time. We can't wait for your return visit. Hope to see you next year.