“Shepherd's Pie - Oh, my!”

The Irish Embassy Pub
Ranked #38 of 207 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Conveniently located in historic downtown Durango, the Embassy is a local favorite. The pub is authentic Irish - every piece of furniture, every picture, every glass was shipped directly from Ireland. So if you’re wanting to take a trip to the Emerald Isle without leaving town, stop on by. Enjoy a 20-ounce Imperial Pint of Guinness, a tasty serving of our famous fish and chips, or listen to a traditional Irish jam.
Reviewed 24 December 2016

We eat here several times a year and there is always something going on. Sometimes it's live Irish music or pub quiz night, etc. Fun place to eat and laugh with friends. The menu is Irish pub grub. My husband always gets the fish & chips because it is consistently good. I had the shepherd's pie and it was generous and outstanding. Our friend had lamb stew and deemed it bland. You'll not go wrong, tho', with the shepherd's pie. The flavor is tasty and the meat and veggies are cooked to perfection. Lamb is bland by nature, in my opinion. Service is always above average, even on a busy night. Lively servers and a lively pub. It is located on Main Street in what used to be a bank.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Visited again because a good experience years ago. Not what I remember. Fish and chips .....fish was okay, chips were great. Coleslaw had little flavor. Tartar sauce was awesome.

Pot roast was okay, but needed more veggies.

Corned beef sandwich was good.

Service was good. Better choices available in town.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

As soon as I walked in I was reminded of pubs in England. I liked the Shepard's pie, but my companion thought the fish and chips was just mediocre. Nice selection of beers. I particularly liked the layout in that it had several choices of where to sit. If you wanted to be sociable then there was a central area. If you wanted to be alone and work on your great American novel there were nooks and crannies for that too.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

This is probably one of the best Irish pubs I've been to. The food was outstanding, the drinks were reasonably priced and the environment says Ireland!! Also the staff were very helpful! If you visit Durango, this is a must for food and drinks!!

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Downtown Durango was bustling, but mostly by christmas shoppers. My father in law wanted a place to sit. We took the kids in and sat down to some guiness and slow food. Not great food, but that's even more authentically irish isnt it? Cobb salad for me, decent kids menu, easy drinking stout they pour there. An import. Can't remember what it's called. :)

Been to The Irish Embassy Pub? Share your experiences!