“Fresh and fast ”

Lupita's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #203 of 662 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We just had breakfast there but have eaten there numerous times. We have never been disappointed. It's always been good, great service, and fast. Sometimes disappointed that you can't get a Margarita or beer. Salsa isn't my favorite but it's not keeping me from going back.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Food is fresh and tasty! Portions are decent size and the price is more then affordable. This is a true New Mexican startle eatery.

1  Thank Brianna M
Reviewed 16 October 2016

After a morning hike, my friend and I were ready for a hot lunch. I had recently read that our county health department gave Lupita’s Mexican Restaurant an excellent rating, so we headed there. This was my first visit to Lupita’s, located on W Mulberry St., just west of the Fort Collins City Park. We seated ourselves as the lunch crowd was arriving. A waitress soon brought chips with very good salsa. We ordered soft drinks and read over the menu. There are plenty of traditional dishes and the prices are moderate. My friend ordered chicken flautas and I had a combination of a crisp chile rellano, a beef burrito and a rolled cheese enchilada. With a choice of mild, regular or hot sauce, I chose the hot – which was reasonably spicy but not extreme. All our selections were well prepared and very flavorful. The restaurant was quite busy, but the service was good and the staff was pleasant. I plan to return to Lupita’s.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

This is a absolute favorite of mine. Fresh, authentic and never disappointed. Prices are very very reasonable. Fast service always. The salsa has chunks of onion and cilantro which are a favorite of mine. The horchata is AMAZING!!! This is a true, authentic New Mexican style, family owned restaurant. Very very good.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Lupita's was our go-to restaurant for a while now. We would go 3-4 times per month because the food is great and affordable. However, tonight will be our last visit because of how we were treated.

It was busy, and we had to ask 3 different times for a drink. Even after our food came, we still had nothing to drink. Eventually, we ended up heading to the front to request water.

The worst was when they got our order wrong. When it came out, my husband told them he just requested for the burrito to be smothered inside. He clearly communicated that as long as he wasn't charged he didn't mind eating it this way. We figured it would be better for the restaurant not to throw out the food and make another one. She said there would be no problem.

Then the bill came and they said there was a problem and we would have to pay for the burrito. Even though we were very clear to begin with??? Apparently, two managers felt the exact same way about it. She told us, "well it's only $1.25 extra for this" and I felt like saying, well then maybe you should make things right if its such a small amount. So apparently, we are not worth making us happy when they made the mistake. We were only trying to save them having to make two different burritos, but instead we literally had to EAT THEIR mistake. Instead, we will go somewhere else where they actually care and take care of customers.

Word to the wise...BE VERY SPECIFIC and double-check your order. IF they make a mistake you will pay for whatever they ring in. Be aware that's for sure!

Too bad...we thought we had a good thing but if that's how we're treated I'd rather go somewhere else.

1  Thank clarkecoupon