“Incredible Experience”
Review of Mission: Wolf

Mission: Wolf
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I learned so much from my journey to Mission: Wolf. I enjoyed hearing about each of the wolf's stories and how the sanctuary came about. Our guide, Austin, was a volunteer who is committed to living on the complex for a year. His knowledge and genuine care for the animals was obvious. We enjoyed petting the ambassador wolves and then participated in feeding the wolves. This is a must do on a Saturday. After the wolves were fed they began to howl which was mesmerizing. Besides learning about the wolves I enjoyed learning how the sanctuary lives 'off the grid'. The biospheres where they grow vegetables, the housing, and the vehicles that run on vegetable oil were equally fascinating. This is one of those experiences I can't stop talking about.

All reviews
"colorado"
in 4 reviews
"wildlife"

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Not only did I learn about wolves, I sat with them! This is an amazing place with knowledgeable volunteers . An experience for all ages. No one would ever forget their visit here.

1  Thank Nancy J
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

What an amazing and inspiring place to visit. Truly one of the highlights of our trip and we would definitely go back. We arrived during the "meet a wolf time". We could observe but we're too late to get in the enclosure. We did get to observe the wolves being fed. The founder , Kent gave a great presentation for all ages. We had a wonderful tour guide from Australia. Funded by donations and volunteers. A must see

Reviewed 10 July 2016

This was by far the best place to visit during our week long stay in the area. Our volunteer guide was from Australia. She was very knowledgeable about the program's history and the wolves. She told us about the individual personalities of each wolf, their likes and dislikes. She did a nice job answering questions.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2016

This is a shelter for wolves and wolf-dog crosses that have been raised in captivity so they can't ever live in the wild. The people at Mission: Wolf give these animals a good life after their previous owners have given up. And they give you, the visitor, a great opportunity to see wolves and interact with a few "ambassador" wolves. It sounded dangerous to me before I got there, but after I saw the facilities there and how the staff handles things, I felt very much at ease. The staff coaches you on how to act around the wolves and how to get the most out of the experience. It turned out to be a wonderful day that I will remember for the rest of my life. As other reviewers have pointed out, this is not an easy place to get to (the last 15 miles are on dirt roads), but it is well worth the trip. I recommend calling before you go, so you can arrange to be there on a day when they are feeding the wolves. I also recommend bringing snacks (for you, not the wolves).

Been to Mission: Wolf? Share your experiences!