“A Side Trip Worth the Effort”
Review of Mission: Wolf

Mission: Wolf
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We spent the night in Westcliffe because I wanted my granddaughters to experience this hidden gem in the middle of nowhere! As I read all the previous reviews, I totally agree with everything they say:
Once in a lifetime experience!
Kissed by a wolf!
A fairly long drive on a dirt road to get there!
Worth the effort!

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

This is somewhat hard to get too, but well worth the drive. The folks living here are knowledgeable, caring folks who are dedicated to preserving wolves and wolf mixes. The history behind this facility is amazing. The wolves are treated with love and respect. If you can try and make the meet the wolf demonstration, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

This place is worth the trip! Our tour guide was very informative and patient. I had altitude sickness and they made every effort to make me comfortable so that I could still enjoy the tour. Each wolf has a story to be told. They are majestic creatures and everyone should take the time to experience their presence!!

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

We were given a personal tour by John a passionate person who has dedicated his life by volunteering at Mission Wolf. John educated us about how they rescue and preserve the wolves in their natural environment and facts about wolves in our country. We were fortunate enough to meet Kent the founder and allowed to interact with the wolves on their territory. Simply amazing and exhilarating!! A wonderful place that is making a difference for our wolves.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Allow a little extra time to drive on the gravel/dirt roads. Check their website for times. We went in the enclosure with three wolves at 2 pm and had a guided tour beforehand, but could have taken the tour after. Definitely worth it. Feeding time was impressive and gave meaning to "wolfing down your food". The food is cut up in the open and young children might need to come on a different day. Young children also do not go into the enclosure with the wolves. Everything is quite safe. Everything is also very well explained. Don't bring your pet.