“Clean, good value”
Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I got this as a groupon, and it was great value. They had a suprisingly good breakfast, with fresh sausages, pancakes and waffles you could make, and fruit. The hotel was clean and the lady at the front desk was friendly. It wasn't fancy, but it was good value. They had a couch and reading lamp in the room. it was like a business style hotel like hampton inn. They had a pretty decent gym downstairs.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 May 2016

There was a mini fridge and a microwave in our room which was nice. The bed was horrible, I mean as firm as it gets. For the three nights we stayed, neither of us had a good night of rest. The AC was awesome, I love walking into a cold room and it was like walking into a fridge. The room was also very clean.

My dock of stars comes with the parking situation and how the staff responded to me. When we pulled up there were multiple SUVs double parked in the "compact car" spaces which resulted in no spots available. We found a spot next to the sidewalk, still in the parking lot. When I went inside to see if this was ok the woman at the front desk told me she would call the tow truck within 5 seconds. Even though there were other cars parked there. EVEN THOUGH there were multiple people double parked. We were not blocking anyone in AT ALL. She told me we had to park across the street. So we parked across the street to avoid getting towed.

Also the hotel claims that it is SMOKE FREE hotel. I hardly agree. Every day walking through the halls it reaked of marijuana skunk.We could not smell it in our room but once in the hallway you could definitely tell someone was lighting up.

Overall it was an ok place to stay just keep in mind that the parking is really bad and so are the beds.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We chose this hotel because of the reviews on Booking.com and it was definitely to our satisfaction. We stayed for just one night and the bed was very comfortable. A great nights sleep! There are many places to eat close by and nice surroundings.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I just returned from a short three day vacation at Glenwood Springs, Colorado and I am still floored by how amazing the experience was. We were only able to stay from Sunday night until Wednesday afternoon but it was more than enough time to fall in love with the place. During our stay we booked a room at the Glenwood Suites which is located almost directly off the road with easy access to the hotel. The location of the Hotel made getting into the downtown area of Glenwood very easy, but it was far enough away from the busy city center that it offered opportunities for quiet relaxation.
Our room was on the third floor facing a beautiful mountain. The room was spacious and offered everything a person could need. There was a safe in the closet that was easy to program and lock, a microwave and mini fridge were cleverly hidden away in the dresser under the flat screen mounted to the wall. We were especially grateful for the mini fridge. A work table was available on the far side of the room with a couch just across from it. The bathroom had more space than we knew what to do with, and to top it all off we discovered they had put us in a room with a balcony. It is hard to say but if you don't count sleep we probably spent more time on the balcony than in the room itself. It was definitely my favorite part of the room.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish that I could of had more time to get to know them but whenever I did have interactions with anyone on staff it was always pleasant. Their maid service was fantastic. Every night when we would come home the room looked beautiful and smelled clean. I was very impressed with their work.
Glenwood Suites has free wi-fi that was easy to connect to, cable services, underground parking, a laundry room, and they offer breakfast every morning. Never once was I disappointed by the options the hotel offered for breakfast. The ability to make fresh pancakes and waffles was very much appreciated, and I think I became addicted to the biscuits and gravy they put out every morning. There is no swimming pool but they have a deal with the hotel across the street I believe.
I haven't taken a vacation in almost four years and staying at the Glenwood Suites helped set the tone for what turned out to be an amazing adventure. Thank you to the management and staff for being so awesome.
The only complaint I have is that the coffee brewed in the morning with breakfast wasn't my favorite, however, this was easily remedied by grabbing coffee from the lobby or brewing a cup in my room as the coffee provided there was exceptional.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony.
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Excellent! One night stay, quick getaway. Staff wonderful, room clean, bed comfortable. All important to me. Breakfast good. Move over waffle maker, this hotel has a pancakes maker! No qualms about staying here again.