Caravan Inn Glenwood Springs
Frontier Lodge(Glenwood Springs)
Hotel Denver(Glenwood Springs)
Hotel Colorado(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Glenwood Hot Springs Resort(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Plaza Inn Hotel(Glenwood Springs)
Starlight Lodge(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Glenwood Springs Inn(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Best Western Antlers(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Silver Spruce Motel(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewshoneymoon suiteroom was cleandog parkbagelssausage pattiesdecent breakfasthot springsgreat place to stayplace to sleepwalking distancepool and hot tubfree breakfastmicrowave and fridgefront desk staffgreat roombarbdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Non-smoking room smelled like mold and stale cigarettes. Dead decomposing insect in smelly towels. A/C filter filthy. Black greasy fingerprints everywhere. Cheap breakfast. Beautiful town. Stay in a nicer place.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank S F
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry your stay with us was not to standard. We take pride in our property as you can see from the majority of our tripadvisor reviews but in your case we failed. I'm very sorry and grateful for your feedback. It allows us to correct and prevent the housekeeping issue. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed at the Caravan Inn while my son was hospitalized in Glenwood Springs. I needed to have our dog with me, and the Caravan was more than accommodating. I had a room with a parking spot right next to the door, which is fantastic when traveling with a pet. I understand their pet rooms are limited, so it is probably wise to book in advance if you have a pet with you. The room was comfortable and very clean. It is a motel, and thus has a "motel feel," but not in a bad way. With the high prices in the mountains, this is an excellent value. The property is clearly well-maintained, and the staff friendly. I got the sense it is a family-run property. They go above and beyond what you find at a chain motel. Even the breakfast in the morning had a little "extra." I can see myself becoming a 'frequent flyer' here while my son recuperates.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the back with their own parking spots.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We were pleasantly surprised in discovering this hotel without previewing Trip Advisor reviews. We just happened to drive buy the location, which is a mile off of I-70 on the main street of the town.
The architecture looks like the hotel was built in the 1970's. Even so, it has been remodeled, so the public areas look modern.
The room was very clean and has amenities of upscale hotels such as a safe, microwave and refrigerator. The decor was bland--no pictures. But hey, it is just a place to sleep. The TV had lots of my favorite channels to choose from. The bed was comfortable, so I had a good night's sleep.
The service was really great. At 10 PM, I called the office to report that the smoke alarm was beeping to signal a low battery. The friendly desk clerk showed up at my door within 5 minutes to install a new battery.
Breakfast was above average for a continental breakfast. There was sausage, eggs, cereal, bagels, packaged pastries, juices and fruit. There may also have been other choices that I did not notice.
The cost of the room on AARP was $69 plus tax, a real bargain for a Friday night in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Room was clean and large. Pool was clean and lovely. The staff was AMAZING! They picked us up from the train station, let us store our luggage after check out and even delivered it to the station. Awesome service. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

On our vacations, we often try to avoid the chain motels. Reviews of the Caravan Inn seemed to indicated that it was what we were looking for. In most respect, it fulfilled our expectations. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. Fixtures were somewhat dated, especially the 19-inch TV. Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The major shortcoming was the WiFi which was subpar. When you could access it, it was very slow and would often drop connection after a few minutes.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple