All reviewsadirondack chairsfront porchfamily ownedhot springscomfortable bedsthe glenwood springs areaopened the doorcoffee makerroad noiseplace to staywould definitely stay here againgreat ratemountain viewhome away from homestayed nightsmonicamotel
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in July. The room was extremely clean. But the bed was amazing! We stayed at a B&B for two nights before this and the king bed here was so much more comfortable. The owners were very nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was good. The hotel was near everything in Glenwood. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here the other night for one night. It was perfect. Granted it's not The Hilton, but then you're not paying $300 a night either. If you're expecting the Hilton, you most probably will be disappointed. However, if you're expecting an extremely sensibly priced room to rest your weary head, then this motel will not disappoint. The bed is the most comfortable bed I've slept in! The room was extremely clean and the table and chairs outside the motel gave it a cozy, comfortable, homey feeling. I actually sat outside for awhile taking in the beautiful view and breathing the fresh air before unpacking and settling in for the night. If you want breakfast, go to a restaurant. If you want something light, like a piece of toast (I had raisin) or fruit or a piece of homemade bundt cake, then this was just fine. We would've been comfortable here for a few nights. The lighting in the bathroom was nice and bright. I left my own special pillow on the bed by accident and called and spoke to the manager, Michael. He was so nice and accommodating. We were about two hours away when I noticed I didn't have it and he said that yes, he had it there, and would do anything I liked to get it back to me. We chose to go back and pick it up the next day. He was so nice. We will definitely stay here the next time we get to Glenwood Springs.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the highway, but you can't hear the noice once you're inside the room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This place really is squeaky clean inside and out. The owners are polite and accommodating and have clearly invested in their recently renovated Inn. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone with allergies or asthma. No smoke, pet or odor issues. The A/C unit was new. We did not have reservations at this Inn but rather pulled in after our first place was unacceptable. The owner did not hesitate to provide us with our requested room preview. You can easily park very close to your room. There are chairs in front of your room if you want to sit outside. The complementary continental breakfast met our needs. There was a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, iron and ironing board in our room. An ice machine was nearby. The Inn owners accommodated my laundry needs since their guest laundry room was being renovated. The location was perfect for us and we felt safe. We were just out of the downtown chaos but could easily travel the very short distance into town when desired. The maid services were good and the toiletries were of good quality. This a a good clean owner operated family style inn of modest size. It was a good value and we would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you want authentic and fresh drive in fare just walk the short distance to Vicco's Charcoalburger Drive In. Hummy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank none141
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We spent a few nights here on our trip to Glenwood Springs at the end of June. And though the rooms were indeed clean there were so many other disappointing factors that I would probably just pay an extra $20 a night and go somewhere more professional.

I'm not sure who people are referring to when they say "the inn keeper and his wife" because out of our 3 days there we only saw 1 woman doing everything and she looked like she was being run ragged. One morning a customer's complaint had her so distracted that she just kept running in and out of the breakfast room on the phone speaking very loudly.

As far as breakfast was concerned? It was mostly bundt cakes and donuts. I couldn't even find any plan bread to put in the toaster. Thankfully there were hard boiled eggs and bananas...that is if you made it in there by 8am cause everything ran out after that and they did not replenish.

One morning we were awoken to lots of chatter, I guess since the breakfast room was overcrowded guests were sitting in the lawn chairs. Only they were sitting in the lawn chairs for our room by our window.

Also, the no swimming pool was kind of a bummer.

I really thought we were going to like this hotel but nope. I think it would be ok for a one night thing but if you are planning several days in Glenwood Springs please go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snef450
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We recently spent one night at this hotel, and as the sign outside advertises, the rooms really are squeaky clean. The furnishings are nothing special, but everything was in good shape and the room was big enough. (We hardly spent any time there, anyway.) The hotel is right along the highway, although with the door closed we couldn't hear the traffic noise. The bed was quite comfortable. The continental breakfast was so-so.

I was mostly impressed with the owner and his wife, who were extremely accommodating. Since we didn't have a fridge in our room, they put some of our perishables in their own fridge. They allowed us to check out two hours late so we could go biking in the canyon and then come back and shower. They also let me use the front desk computer to print out a boarding pass. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family