“LOVE this place!”
Review of C Lazy U Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granby
C Lazy U Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Granby B&B and Inns
Bloomington, Indiana
“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My 9 year old daughter and I traveled to the C Lazy U for a 4 day trip last July and loved it so much that we stayed for another week.. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and convenient, and the food is amazing. The main selling point for us was the horse riding. We are not experienced riders, but the staff found horses that were suitable and fun for us so that we could enjoy the gorgeous trails. We also enjoyed the evening activities very much - they are fun for kids and adults and have the feeling of a summer camp evening with fire light, songs and skits for the kids.
The only part we didn;t enjoy was that there was a large group there and we did feel a bit like we were crashing their private party. This could easily be managed by scheduling around large groups.
I would (and have) recommended the C Lazy U to friends. It is a great place to get away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Julia M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I've tried to give myself some distance between writing this review and my stay three months ago because I didn't want to come off as a negative ranting reviewer. However, I have to say that this was one of the most miserable vacation spots I have visited. Know what you want when you choose a dude ranch vacation.

We thought that this would be a "family" vacation. I have to agree with the other negative review that this is a country club. We liked the idea of childcare occasionally, but we didn't know that children seem more like a nuisance at this resort. We weren't able to take a family ride except one on Friday. This was a HUGE disappointment for me as I wanted to share this experience with my six and eight year old. And contrary to what another reviewer said, when we tried to ask for additional family rides, they were not accomodating and said that they "weren't set up for that." In the afternoons, children were asked to take cabin time and "rest." They really just didn't want the kids "disturbing" the adults at the pool. So, if I wanted to spend the afternoon in the pool with the kids, I wasn't permitted to do so.

On top of this, the counselors that "watch" the children, were apathetic and uncaring. I saw counselors texting and fiddling around on their phones when they were supposed to be watching my children. I wasn't very comfortable leaving my kids in their care. I'd be especially cautious if you have children under 8.

As far as the country club aspect, many guests knew each other, and my husband and I felt a little left out. One night my husband walked down (we were skipping the cocktail hour) to inquire about dinner, and we found out that dinner wasn't being served on site that night. Since we skipped cocktail hour, we missed the shuttle to dinner. We hadn't been informed that dinner was going to be offsite that night. (we only thought the drinks were offsite) Another way we just felt left out.

To conclude, if you are looking for a vacation away from the kids, then maybe this is the place for you. But if that is the case, why take a family vacation? At least the beds were comfortable. That is the most postiive thing I can say about this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
41 Thank jenjram
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Hi Jen,

We are so sorry to hear that your experience at the C Lazy U Ranch was anything less than ideal. Our Children’s Program is often one of our guests’ favorite aspects of vacationing at C Lazy U, as it affords kids the opportunity to experience adventures with other kids their age, and parents the opportunity to relax, knowing that their children are happily occupied. Should you want to take your children out of the program at any time, our policy is to happily accommodate your wishes, and guests are always welcome to schedule a special family excursion with the help of our staff. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t experience this.

We take the wellbeing of all of the children vacationing at the Ranch very seriously; our Children’s Program is even led by a team member who has a degree in childhood development. It is always our number one priority to ensure the happiness – and safety – of each and every child.

Again, we’re so sorry to hear that you had such an atypical experience at C Lazy U.

All best,

Connie Dorsey
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Excellent staff. Excellent activities. Excellent food. I highly recommend it for a rocky mountain get-away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Shawn W
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Our Photobucket all-company offsite event at C Lazy U was really just perfect. Everything from coordinating the event, to the stay, the staff, the food, the rooms, the weather, etc. was just amazing. Coordinating an event like this can we tedious and end up a disaster, not with C Lazy U, they truly have it all together.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, not a single person in the company had a complaint about a room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RozWhite
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We just returned from our third vacation at C Lazy U. As good as ever. The staff, service, food, company and location are all top notch. I dont know if you could get any better.

But the best of all, are the horses. A herd developed and maintained for 50 years + to service all levels of riders from young to old. A personel tuition is offered to allow you to develop your skill or just ride at whatever level you decided for the day. Bill the head wrangler will ensure your perfect ride day after day by matching you with the right horse.

Then the rides, the wranglers and the high country await you. Wild life, mountains and hours of good riding. I cannot endorse this enough, and we travel extensively. This is simply the best vacation we do each year. It is the perfect vacation where each member has the perfect individual time.

We booked immediately to go back next year.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank denham_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
16.7 km away
27.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area
27.2 km away
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa

Been to C Lazy U Ranch? Share your experiences!