All reviews bagels knotty pine friendly owners would stay here again middle of town rooms are small free wifi comfortable bed great place to stay hanging baskets blast from the past you'll enjoy nice breakfast refrigerator and microwave plenty of hot water great little place front porch
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Stayed based on reviews from this site, as there are few or no chain motels you can be sure of in this immediate area. As noted in multiple reviews, this is a small, old facility, but very nicely maintained. A classic "motor hotel" of days gone by, but upgraded with modern wiring, wifi, well maintained, and nice. Not a lot of extras you might expect at the big chains, but friendly staff, clean, and comfortable. Would liked to have had more than 2 towels, and really wish it was air conditioned. Usually that's not an issue in Granby, but it was unusually hot while we stayed, and pretty stuffy until late at night. 10-11 months of the year, and for many travelers this won't matter, but if you're very sensitive to heat you should be aware. If you would enjoy a clean, friendly, retro facility, you'll enjoy this one.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Erik S, Owner at Trail Riders Motel#, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for your visit and review. I can tell you when we cleaned your room the following morning we did notice a lack of dirty towels. This was completely an accidental oversight on our part. We do try to make sure all rooms have no less than 4 towels when we finish cleaning them. As for the air conditioning, you are correct, 11 months out of the year there is no need for it, so at this time we are still weighing the benefits and options of possible temporary AC available for the rooms. Thank you again for the review

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed here for one night while on a solo motorcycle trip. The room was very clean and had a comfortable bed. The Wifi was very good. I did however think that $90 before taxes was a little expensive. I stayed in other places on my trip that were just as nice but $20 cheaper. I would stay there again,just grimace a little bit at the price. The hosts were very cordial.

Room Tip: Get there early. I had the last room at 3.30 pm.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Erik S, Owner at Trail Riders Motel#, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Trail Riders We strive to keep our cost competitive. We would be happy to have you back at anytime!!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The owners are super cool. The rooms are clean and get more for my money. Located close enough to ski and kayak depending on the season. The owners know of great pizza places and small local spots around the area. I will be back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Erik S, Owner at Trail Riders Motel#, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you for the kind review. We strive to offer all of our guests a great experience when being in Grand County. Thank you for choosing Trail Riders Motel and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Stopped in for a quick overnight stay and was very pleased with my experience. The rooms offer a classic charm. I was very impressed with cleanliness of the room/bathroom and the property in general. In addition to a great place to rest your head, the staff was very welcoming and friendly. If you are looking for any local advice on were to grab a bite to eat or something to drink, they are definitely in the know. I will most definitely be staying again on my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Erik S, Owner at Trail Riders Motel#, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thank you for the great review and staying at Trail Riders Motel.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Cute little motel. Small room but nicely laid out. Comfy bed, easy parking. Friendly staff. Bathroom very small. Definately an old hotel but we'll maintained. Old style radiator heater in room but worked quickly and quietly.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Donna K, Owner at Trail Riders Motel#, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thank you so much! Yes the motel is small, so we try and make things nice, clean,and convenient. We have a lot of skiers stay with us in the winter just because they do like the hot water heat. When it's cold outside, it works! Thanks again for your review. Please come stay again!