Review of Sahara Restaurant

Sahara Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sahara Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clinton Ct
Transit: 1/4 mile from the Arapahoe road light rail station.
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Mo and Lubna have a great place here. Family owned. Great food. Tasty and healthy. Fresh. Lovingly prepared by people who know their way around the kitchen. Fattoush is great. Shawarma is outstanding. Home made hummus that will knock your socks off. Tagine of all kinds. Love this place!!

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

We have been staying in the Technology area at the Sheraton for years. We happened on Sahara and boy were we happy. The mezza plate called.the Sahara platter was fantastic. The lamb tagine with apricots and rice and nuts was wonderfully flavorful. The Lebanese wine was jammy and great tannins and paired with the food. The service was attentive and friendly. They have been in business over 20 years and they do a great job.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

My wife and I tried Sahara for the first time this weekend after a co-worker recommended it. You can make reservations via phone, the restaurant's web site or Open Table. Since it is located in a strip mall area there is plenty of parking.

The restaurant is not real large and is divided into two main dining areas separated by a sort of half wall so you can see between them. The decor is very nice inside and I believe it was all tables, no booths. We were seated immediately on arrival (it was not busy at all at 6:00 pm) and our waiter came by quickly to deliver menus and take drink orders. There is a wine list and a few bottled beer selections, some Mediterranean and some American - I ordered a Turkish pilsner to have with dinner and it was good.

The menu is fairly extensive with beef, chicken, lamb, fish and seafood selections. We ordered the pastille for an appetizer - 4 pieces - and it was delicious. My wife ordered the kabob combination (lamb, chicken and shrimp) and I ordered the lamb shank. My lamb shank was extremely tender (as others have noted) and you can literally just pull pieces off with your fork - no knife needed. It was very good and came with saffron rice and a few grilled onions, peppers, etc. The shrimp with my wife's kabob was not very good, sort of "rubbery", but the lamb and chicken were very good.

For dessert we split a piece of the lemon cake and it was delicious.

All through our meal it was quiet in the restaurant and at about 7:00 some music came on fairly loud and we were treated to the belly dancing performance a few have mentioned. The young woman danced around the restaurant, stopping by tables and several patrons put money into her arm-bands. At some point she danced while balancing a scimitar on her head - impressive! Several patrons wanted a picture with her and she was very accommodating. All in all it was a very entertaining performance and really added to the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Overall it was a very pleasant dining experience, prices were reasonable (about $60 for our meal) and we would return. Service throughout our mean was very good and the staff were all very friendly.

1  Thank MT1
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We dined at the Sahara this evening. The desert decor enhanced the Mediterranean cuisine. Service was attentive. Dinner for three with one glass of Insatiable Chardonnay and one appetizer was about $65, including tax and tip.

The Baba Ghanoush was a cool and delicious hint of what was to come.

I chose a la carte items -- a shrimp kebab that was perfectly seasoned and cooked, fresh and flavorful taboulleh, saffron rice, and cucumber yogurt sauce.

My husband had lamb shawarma and my son had chicken shawarma, topped with veggies, served with plenty of pita bread. They commented on the tasty seasoning,

We would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 29 July 2015

My business partner and I go here every few weeks for lunch. We've been doing this for several years and we've never been disappointed. I enjoy both the meat and vegetable dishes. Hummus and pita are always fresh.