“Cozy and romantic B&B!”

The Silver Lake Lodge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

WOW! This place was the getaway of my dreams. Those pictures you save on Pinterest for your perfect mountain lodge? This is it.
For starters... the view. This place is surrounded with the most beautiful scenery. The mountains and trees are absolutely breathtaking. All of the rooms have a view. The rooms are also super clean and comfy (some have UGG bedspreads that were amazing!!) bathrooms are modern and well kept. Some of the rooms had TV's-honestly you don't need them. Unplug yourself from technology and enjoy who you're with and where you are. My fiancé and I stayed in the alpine suit in the lowest level of the house which includes a nice bathroom, a kitchenette, comfortable little living/sitting area, amazing bed, and has a door to walk outside with a little place to sit around a fire. This room is all by itself downstairs which I enjoyed. I liked feeling secluded and cuddled up. Paula and Taylor gave us a tour of the other rooms and you wouldn't be let down with a single one of them. The views were better upstairs!
Next, the FOOD. Some of the best meals I've had! We were greeted for a friendly good morning with a fruit parfait waiting for us before the rest of the food was served. I'm almost at a loss for words to describe how good the food is. Both breakfast and dinner are extremely romantic and you receive more than enough for your appetite. There were moments I wished my stomach could handle more because I didn't want to stop eating. I highly recommend the happy hour with a glass of wine and small appetizers then the candlelit dinner. Simply and perfectly romantic. The service is prompt and friendly. You are treated very highly at this place.
The lodge has recently come under new ownership. Although I had never been before the new owners arrived, they are undoubtedly doing an amazing job. They are some of the most considerate, friendly, and accommodating people. Paula, the part owner/chef could be in a 5 star restaurant. Between her and her husband Taylor- wow. The combination of the two with their service is unmatched. They will take care of you. You feel welcome and at ease with them. Some of the nicest people I've ever met.

There are plenty of hiking/atv trails around. Honestly, all I wanted to do was stare at the mountains surrounding me. There was a lot of snow that came down during my stay and I didn't bring the necessary warm clothing to be able to go out and hike. I comfortably stayed inside. Right now they are decorated for Christmas and it's beyond perfect!!

The only other recommendation I have for people planning to come here is to drink LOTS of water. You're pretty high in elevation. 10,500 ft I believe. Be patient with the bodily adjustment that has to be made! Totally worth it. I promise. If you're wanting a romantic getaway in the mountains, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in November for a quick get-a-way and everything was prefect. The rooms and lodge are very beautiful and romantic with amazing views of the mountains. We stayed in the Alpine Suite which has a kitchenette and a TV, not all the rooms have TV's. This room is in the basement so you have the floor to yourself and access to a outside door, but its not good if you want a nice view. All the other rooms are next to each other on the second floor with great views.

The food was AMAZING and the serving sizes are huge! I think the lodge is under new ownership now compared to some older reviews i read but the couple is doing a great job and they are great cooks! We ate breakfast every morning and had their dinner option each night which was totally worth the money and convince.

The lodge location is great for views and hiking. It is about 20mins or so from the town and an adventurous drive up 3,000+ feet. We would love to stay again and take some friends. The only thing that might hold us back is the altitude sickness at 10,500 feet it's pretty rough. My husband who never feels anything like that was miserable. The lodge supplies a ton a water which is great but the air was so dry we felt bad, couldn't sleep, and couldn't get rid of our bloody noses. My only feedback would be that they need to invest in humidifiers for the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The Silver Lake Lodge has to be the best of the best! We felt so at home while staying there for four nights. We were greeted by the owners, Taylor and Paula, who are so gracious and personable. After a tour of the beautiful lodge, we were shown our room. All of the rooms are decorated beautifully, along with the dining area, sitting area and media room. The outside deck offered wonderful views of the snow-covered mountains. We stayed in the Alpine Suite, on the lower level. It was spacious and we enjoyed the privacy of the room. The room, along with the entire lodge, was very clean and inviting. The bed was wonderful, and hugged my body, just right. There were fresh flowers on the coffee table, wish was very welcoming and romantic. We ate a complete breakfast one morning, and it was delicious! The scrambled eggs were to die for. There are varied pastries with fruit for a lighter side breakfast. Of course, there were different juices to choose from. We didn’t try lunch, however, the dinner was scrumptious and more than enough to fill you up. The filet was cooked to perfection, and the stuffed pork chops are delicious. We had a choice of different soups, which are all wonderful, and the desserts are heavenly. And, not to mention the sorbet that they call a palate cleanser. The happy hour is a great time to meet the other guests, and the hors d’oeuvres were wonderful. The setting is beautiful, right at Saint Mary’s Glacier (with plenty of hiking right outside of the door), and there was still snow on the ground and atop the mountains. This is a very relaxing place, decorated beautifully. The owners, Taylor and Paula, make you at home, and are so very attentive to your every need. I would, definitely, recommend The Silver Lake Lodge to anyone who wants to be pampered, relax, have hiking right outside of the door, and enjoy gourmet food.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Our adult children bought us this trip two years ago, when we finally got to take it we decided to go to see the leaves change because we live in Florida and really don't get to see much of a season change. To our surprise we woke up to snow on the Beautiful pine trees. It was like looking at a postcard from our bedroom window. The host Jim was an excellent cook and breakfast was enough for breakfast and lunch. We went hiking to a glacier, took a train ride through the mountains, we went atving up a mountain trail, tours a gold mine and we ate out a lot and Jim cooked a wonderful romantic dinner at the lodge one night. I highly recommend staying here it was an absolute Joy! thank you, Jim

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The lodge is gorgeous - common areas inside and out are comfy, bedrooms/bath are clean and plush and modern. Views are incomparable - look right outside bedroom to glacier mountain vistas. Owner/chef and staff are so hospitable and provide lots of recommendations. Gourmet dinner was fabulous - several delicious courses but way too much food! Breakfasts were special and delicious. Walking distance to St Mary's Glacier trailhead. Complimentary water bottle with advice: drink water to avoid altitude headache. We had no problems. Would stay again - great to be outside of Denver and near hiking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
13.6 km away
Hotel Chateau Chamonix
Hotel Chateau Chamonix
#1 of 6 in Georgetown

Been to The Silver Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!