“Horrible experience”
Review of Columbine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Columbine Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When i contacted hotel 5 days in advance with an attempt to cancel a reservation, i was told that i can get a refund if i cancel 7 or more days in advance. When i expressed my displeasure with this policy (please note that i was not informed of this policy when i was making a reservation via phone), the person on the other end of the phone informed me that he doesn't want me to stay in his place anyway, called me an idiot, and hanged up on me. I made multiple attempts to call the hotel back, the man on the other end keeps hanging up on me and threaten to call police if i contact them one more time. At this point, i do not even know if my reservation is cancelled or not but in any case, this is not a way to deal with your customers.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Rules matter...I responded appropriately. Cheers, Sam Salter

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I recently started in the Columbine Inn. It is centrally located. I had a king room with a kitchenette. The kitchenette comes without any dishes or utensils. Upon payment of a $60 deposit, I was given a box of chipped dishes, old pans and 2 really weird coffee cups. The kitchenette kit couldn't be worth more than $5 at a yard sale or Salvation Army. No wine glasses are available. The bed was really lumpy and uncomfortable. The place was clean.

Sam, the proprietor is a nice guy.

If you find yourself in Idaho Springs, I recommend that you find an Ari BNB

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We found our room to be clean, comfortable & very reasonably priced. It was cold & drizzly outside and our room was so warm. Bed was super comfy. Walking distance to Safeway & restaraunts. We want to come back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had stayed at this little inn for one night in Sept. or 2015, and Sept. 2016, We stay here one night on our way from Estes Park, back to Denver, then on to KC. The outside is always in disarray, a work in progress, which we overlooked. The first year we were in the room right next to the office, very clean, comfortable, etc. The second year 21, also clean, comfortable, This year I called to make the reservation a month in advance for a Thurs. night. Sam very friendly on phone, as usual, said we would be in 21, I said fine. I wrote in down,so I know that's what he said. Got there last Thurs. we were in 25. Front door dirty, not like rest of doors, carpet DIRTY, stains on the furniture,room smelled dirty, light between beds out, hardly any tv channels. We looked around, decided this wasn't going to work. Went to the office, very nicely told Sam our concerns, he refunded our money on our credit card, but then told me Never Call Here Again! I told him no problem and that that was rude. He said I meant it to be rude. So we left, and will never return. And it is still mess outside, still a work in progress. Beware.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

She came in mean; she left mean: I treat people like they treat me...Sam Salter/ owner 25 years...cheers

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This Motel was excellent in every way, quaint and homely feeling at the same time near 24 hour food and fuel. Honest place that doesn't try to price gouge like all the casinos, whom double or triple rates on Friday and sat. because they feel they can, under a $100 bucks , warm and clean, kitchenette with mini fridge as well as microwave,free wifi, even an iron and hair dryer. would recommend this Inn to any one staying any where near here especially if you dont want to be taken by the casino hotels. And to Sam the owner, i say, Thank you for an excellent deal on a clean warm home for a night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
innkeeper617, Owner at Columbine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for the complimentary review. Much appreciated that you took the time to write it.
Sam and Alya, Owners

JC Suites
#3 of 5 in Idaho Springs
6.7 km away
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk

Been to Columbine Inn? Share your experiences!