“Awful watery dishes”

Thai Diamond Cafe
Ranked #53 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Perhaps we visited the restaurant too early in the evening about 5 pm. We were the only customers. The receptionist woman was painting her nails and didn't are to have customers. She was kinda rude taking orders too.

The veggie meal and chicken dish that we ordered were really watery like it was leftovers from lunch that was diluted. It was terrible. We were shocked mainly because the restaurant had so many good reviews and the prices were moderately high too.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Like many places that have really good food, this restaurant is out of the way (from where we were in Lakewood, anyway) and in an assuming building in an area of strip malls. We were seated quickly (there aren't a lot of tables) and a very efficient waiter took our drink orders. The menu is pretty big, with all the usual dishes you find in a Thai restaurant. We ordered appetizers. The waiter came back to apologize that they had no more spicy chicken spring rolls (disappointing) so I switched to regular spring rolls. They were very big and the dipping sauce was great. My companion ordered Singapore Noodles and I got Pad Thai. Both dishes were delicious. It was fun watching the koi watch the diner at the table next to their tank. If I'm ever back in town I might want to sit there. Obviously, this means that I would eat here again. Oh, good Thai beer, too, although I can't remember the name.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Excellent meals that are prepared rather quickly. Small but friendly atmosphere. It doesn't look like much from outside, but inside a nice little jewel - or diamond - is hidden from the busy roads.
Extremely good food here!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

This restaurant is a diamond in the rough. Don't let the plain exterior and location fool you. Its in a little shopette. Its cute inside, the service is good and the food is EXCELLENT and incredible value. The curries are especially wonderful. I had the green curry with chicken, medium. Wonderful flavor, large portion and medium heat..Two others had the red curry, mild and raved about it. Another friend had the pad thai and said it was delicious. All the appetizers were also yummy. Highly recommend, can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Very good Thai food in Lakewood. Cozy atmosphere, great service and convenient location. I like the curry's and the side salad and dressing are delicious!