“Chirashi excellent”
Review of Hana Matsuri

Hana Matsuri
Ranked #52 of 411 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Sushi, traditional Japanese dishes and Black Stone Grill cooking at your table. Full service bar.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

It can be busy during lunch on weekdays, making parking impossible in the cramped lot. Sushi is great quality. Chirashi bowl is my recommendation for amount of fish you get, but it varies depending on the sushi chef.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

In general I was a bit skeptical about grilling my own steak on a hot stone, but was I wrong. It was an absolute love at first steak.
I had a Kobe steak and it was wonderful. I was able to choose how each peace was going to be cooked.
And to add to that, there is some really cheap, but nice beer on the tap.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I have been there twice, and had to flag down a server both times to get service. Really disappointing

Reviewed 6 December 2017

You gotta love finding a great restaurant in your neighborhood - especially Sushi.
Located in a fairly decent but nondescript strip mall we just happened to stumble across this place while picking up a pizza next door.
What a great surprise!
As my reviews reflect I'm a food snob - it doesn't always have to be a "nice" place but it does have to be a great place. And, this spot is. Unique and intriguing roll variations, super fresh and clean and we had absolutely excellent service.
For sure this is worth your time.
We'll visit often now that we've found this one.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My husband and I have begun to try various Sushi restaurants in the past 1-2 years, so we are still pretty new. We've eaten at this little tucked-away place about 5-6 times over the past 6 months. We like the Las Vegas Roll, but always substitute a smoked salmon instead of what's listed on the menu for that roll. We also like the California Roll. The food quality is consistently good, and our experience with service has always been pleasant.