“An Old Time Favorite”

Ranked #24 of 31 Restaurants in Leadville
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Burgers, Beer and BBQ. Family owned and operated since 1878. Historic bar on Old State Street where their were once 64 bars and was known as the "Red Light" district. We have a beautiful patio with scenic views of the Rocky Mountains. Family dining for lunch and dinner. When the kitchen closes at 9 p.m. the nightlife begins. 21 and over only. Come down and listen to some historic tales from our team. Lots of history including Horace Tabor, Doc Holiday and The "Unsinkable" Molly Brown. Hope to see you soon. Nate, Dawn, Madison, Brandon and the whole Pastime gang!! We recently added 3 big screen tv's for the games!!!
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Fun place to be and the food is Excellent!!! Service can be a bit slow, but oh so worth it. Views from the back patio are priceless.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Historical building from the days of bordelos and other such things of the mining days of Leadville. Great food for a reasonable price. The hamburgers are the best in Leadville.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We had been told by some patrons that we should try the burgers, so we did. Extremely disappointed by the chewy texture, and the lack of any seasoning. Couldn't understand the referral, so we decided to try again. When we returned for a second try, we couldn't get any service at a table. After waiting for more then 7 minutes, I went to the bar and ordered a drink believing that we would eventually get somebody to the table. It didn't happen. I finished the drink, and we left. Third time is the charm, right? We went one evening to meet some friends who were sitting at the bar. Since the party grew, we moved to a table. No one came to get orders, although they clearly saw us. What was worse was the waitstaff/bartender literally took out their phone, and proceeded to text. I guess they don't need the business.

11  Thank HulaSueR
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I walked in, sat at the bar, and patiently waited for a few minutes for a staff member to acknowledge me. Finally, the house server asked if I had been helped and she brought me a water which had a clump of hair in it. While I waited for my burger, I watched the cartoon they had playing on their television and found it odd that two separate diners had to come up the bar to ask for their bill because their server hadn't brought it to them yet.

Not once did the bartender acknowledge me even though he passed me numerous times and was sitting 3 feet from me making utensil roll-ups and counting money. No beer on tap, salad had soggy spinach, $13 burger was mediocre.

With an empty plate and empty water glass sitting in front of me for several minutes and being passed by several more times, I finally asked the bartender if I was invisible to him to which he replied he had clocked out twenty minutes ago and wasn't working. So I called him out and asked if roll-ups and counting his drawer were considered "work". Understandably so, he had no retort. So I continued and asked if he was still doing work then could he please get me my check. He called to the other staff member who had served me to do it for him. Call me new-age, but if you're going to be doing work, shouldn't you be punched in and I don't know ... getting paid for it? It irked me so much that he was physically working in front of me, but couldn't have cared less about his customer service.

Man, I wish I would've chosen somewhere else to eat. I strongly encourage everybody else to do just that.

13  Thank Shayna S
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Ordered a burger and asked to hold the cheese. Food arrived quickly, but the cook added cheese. I approached the bar and explained that there had been a misunderstanding and asked to have it remade without cheese. No words from the waitress as she grabbed the plate and took it back to the kitchen. It took more than twice as long to correct my burger than it did to make it incorrectly.

I don't know/care who messed up the order, but usually an apology is issued when these things happen.

On my way back to the table, a women dining in the restaurant (probably friends with or related to the new owners) asked what was wrong with my burger. I kindly explained the cheese situation, and the woman snobbishly replied, "oh, I though it just wasn't cooked to your liking" before returning to minding her own business.

In conclusion, this wasn't the worst restaurant I've ever been to, but I definitely won't be returning or recommending this place to anyone. Didn't feel welcomed (at all!). Staff favored and took care of local regulars and seemed to give the cold shoulder to out-of-towners. This is funny to me, because locals don't seem to write reviews nearly as often as travelers do. Honestly, the fries were the best part of this mediocre experience.

19  Thank Samuel S