“Best naan I have had in Denver metro area and in a long time”

Zaika Indian Cuisine, Littleton
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaika Indian Cuisine, Littleton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 429 Restaurants in Littleton
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Great Indian food! Best naan ever! Chicken korma was so good. Cauliflower appetizer excellent. Love this place and even better it is close to home.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

So, I really love Indian food and the options in my neck of the woods are pretty lame so I keep reading all these 5 star reviews for a little place in a strip mall in nowhere Littleton and I have a friend who lives in Cherry Hills so I'm half way there when I visit her. So, we made the rest of the trek down to Zaika last night and I have to say that it was pretty good but not 5 star dining in my opinion. It is definitely strip mall ambiance but clean and colorful and it smelled divine walking in. Seated at a nice booth - decent number of tables occupied with an eclectic mix of customers.

We drew the short straw with our waiter. English is definitely not his forte - pleasant but every request had to be repeated multiple times. The waiters double as bartenders and this guy didn't have the vaguest idea how to make a martini. They did have Tito's and Hendrick's though so with a little coaching he managed to construct something that resembled a martini but ordered them "up" and served in a "rocks" glass with a couple of tiny olives (not on a toothpick - just floating loose in the glass - had to fish them out with a spoon - lol).

As we often do, we ordered WAY too much food but with all the raves here we really wanted to explore the menu - far more than half got packed to go home at the end of the evening.

Started with the Veggie Samosa Seasoned Potatoes And Green Peas Filled In Crisp Turnovers $5. Least favorite thing of the evening - pastry was tasty but filling was really heavy and bland. Desperately needed some sort of sauce and the only sauce present was just a "smear" on the plate. Also sampled the Onion Pakora - Spiced Onion Fritters In A Seasoned Chickpea-Flour Batter $5 - absolutely delicious - best thing of the night - light and greaseless - maybe the best I've ever had.

We shared three different mains (told you we ordered too much). She ordered the Boti Kebab Leg Of Lamb Chunks; Yogurt-Garlic Marinade $18 - served over a huge portion of broccoli florets. We both thought this was a strong dish - very flavorful and tender lamb. I had lamb, too - Lamb Rogan Josh Lamb Morsels Cooked In A Yogurt, Tomato And Onion Based Sauce $17 - ordered level 3 spice - nice kick but really 80% sauce and 20% dry overcooked lamb. I could be wrong but I believe the lamb was cooked in advance and the sauce ladled over before serving - blech. We also shared my Indian cooking test dish - Paneer Saag $14 - house-made cheese cubes in a creamed spinach sauce. It was a really unappealing olive green and the cheese was in short supply. Wouldn't order it again. Also had a piece of garlic naan - very oily. I could see how the plain naan might be good. Entreés were served with some very well prepared basmati rice.

Very lovely young woman kept our waters filled, plates cleared, and helped us pack up the leftovers. She would have been such a better choice as a server but it appears she lacks the "equipment" - all the servers were male. So, it netted out at $96+tip. Wouldn't make a special trip down there again.

1  Thank Fred T
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Wonderful food choices for everyone served promptly by friendly wait staff. Not surprised that they were very busy when we were there as the food is delicious and the menu offers great variety. Clean, inviting interior in an easy-to-access location. We'll definitely be back as time allows!

1  Thank Greenspringer
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

This food is always exquisite and authentic. Best Indian food in Littleton. The staff are very friendly and everything is clean.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Nice new ethnic addition to the Littleton scene. Food was delicious, served hot and promptly. Portions average to generous. Courteous service. Prices a tad expensive but fine for a treat. Will recommend and return.

1  Thank Jeff W