“It's a stretch to give this restaurant an "average" rating”
Review of le Madeleine

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
le Madeleine
Ranked #10 of 10 Bakeries in Longmont
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ok, it is average, and I do hope they succeed, but I can't even remember what I ordered. I ordered, and still went through a cafeteria-style line, even though they knew what I wanted. It's a chain, so if you're good with that and not expecting much, you'll find that here. Caveat: I did not go to the pastries section. Their pastries might be divine, for all I know. So, yeah, if you're traveling through Longmont and want a standard quiche and maybe a pastry to go, it's worth a shot.

1  Thank EBS33527

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Where to begin...first off, I don't like restaurants where it's not clear if you bus your own tables or not. I also don't like a cup of coffee grounds in my French coffee! The coffee urn was empty...unacceptable when there's 10 people working there...it took me 3x asking for them to refill it...and then the cup of grounds! I had the quiche florentine- good but needed spice to jazz it up a bit. Same with the gallette potatoes. Real French use spices. The music was too loud...sometimes the French singing grates worse than hard cheese. The service was fine but not welcoming...like they were doing me a favor. Sorta like a real French restaurant in france...aloof without being rude. It's a self serve type restaurant..
Like a French Country Buffet or Furrs cafeteria. The decor was bland...where are the roosters and lavender? All in all its ok...but I'm in no rush to go back...

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I usually have high standards for food (maybe because I am European and grew up with authentic food) and I have to say I was impressed by the food and the taste. This is not the typical fast food restaurant and the quality of the food is high, you can see they put a lot of effort on it. I went there for dinner, they have lots of choices and I like the freedom to be able to choose from the menu in a European style type of restaurant. I had the shrimp crepe which I highly recommend. I will go back for more. I can't say this from many of the restaurants in Longmont, that's why I wrote this review.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast on recommendation of our daughter. We were greeted at the door, and helped with the menu. My wife needs to watch carbs, so she selected the American breakfast (eggs & bacon) with wheat toast. I had the custom omelette (spinach, bacon, & onion) with croissant. Both dishes were delivered to our table in a few minutes and were very good. Service was friendly, server checked back with us and brought jam and butter. Request for to-go box was promptly filled.
Brewed Coffee was excellent , we were reminded that coffee is bottomless.
Pleasant atmosphere and decor, very clean.
Restaurant recently opened and there was some finish activity in process, but not disruptive.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Upon entering the entrance expecting wonderful bakery fragrances, it smelled like a sewer. I talked to the manager and she explained that the problem was outside and it was being addressed. There were potato chips on the floor at the table we were seated. At 2:30 pm, a man started cleaning the overhead duct work. He was sweeping the dust and dirt into a box. We were seated just a few feet away from this clean up. The food is okay. Nothing to get excited about. I ordered the Chicken Salade Croissant. The croissant was okay. The Chicken Salade was mush and didn't taste that great (I only ate one bite). I also ordered the Tomato Basil Soup. This was okay. Unfortunately, I had to ask the server to give me a different bowl as she was sticking her fingers in the bowl trying to remove something from the bowl. I also talked to the manager about the lack of food safety. All in all, I would not recommend this restaurant.