“Old Reviews:”

China Buffet
Ranked #228 of 290 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Please look at the date of the poor reviews on this buffet. Yesterday, it was totally outstanding. The peanut butter chicken was about the best I have ever had. The fresh vegetables were steamed to perfection. The salmon was swimming in some kind of out of this world decent sauce. The whole buffet was a symphony of flavors and colors.
There really isn't much atmosphere here. It is just tables and chairs.
The buffet was very crowded today; but there was enough food and space for everyone.
Service was a bit inattentive. The servers failed to notice my empty drink glass several times.
What drags this down to very good is the strong chemical smell that wafts through the dining area on occasion. Also, screaming children help nothing here.
I highly recommend this buffet. I will return when I am in the Longmont area at lunchtime.

2  Thank qnodmd

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I don't know what has happened to this restaurant. I've complained several times about the cold food, even walking out one time. The hostess is just as cold as the food is. Today was the last straw. I witnessed an unattended child pick an item directly out of the buffet take a bite and then put the remainder back in the chafing dish. I agree with the other reviewer who said this place is a serious health risk. Disgusting!

1  Thank jessica f
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The selection of foods is pretty great in the buffet but a lot of the food is cold. Need to keep their chafing dishes hotter.

1  Thank Glenda R
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This restaurant was very good 5-6 years ago. But recently visited. And never again.

1  Thank Saitan
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was eating with my pregnant wife at China Buffet thinking about how the food tasted old when a look of disgust came over her face. There was a roach in my wife's food. After she returned from the restroom we explained to our waitress what happened. She asked us to pay for one of the meals and never apologized. This is literally the worst dining experience of my life.

1  Thank ShaneZ79