“Don't Bother”

China Buffet
Ranked #228 of 290 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 March 2015

5 or more years ago, this was a great place. No longer the case, it is now off our list of places to go when we don't feel like cooking. Food quality has deteriorated, and nothing is really fresh after 7 PM. Might be OK for lunch but kind of spendy for what is offered. 'Butter' for crab legs is clearly not; lots of the food is all vegetables and no meat. This is the last 'all you can eat' place left in Longmont with the closure of the Country Buffet and the 'other' Chinese Buffet on the North side, which is what is probably saving them from closing the doors. Being next door to a shuttered Walmart in the same anonymous strip mall (and the bulldozed Mall on the other side of the ditch) probably doesn't help traffic much, so I'm guessing their volume is way, way down...most probably think the place is closed, too...so maybe it is time for the place to shut down anyway and/or reinvent in a new location.

1  Thank Larry J

Reviewed 13 October 2014 via mobile

I travel on my job and I've been to Chinese buffets throughout the 48 states. there is only one Chinese buffet in this town so there is no competition.I have had better lunch buffets many other places than the dinner buffet that I had here.variety of food they had was not very good.they only had one shrimp dish and they didn't have any shrimp in iI .told them about it twice and they simply refuse to put shrimp in it.seriously I've had better lunch buffets for a little over half the price at many locations.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your time or your money! The meat dishes, had no meat left, they'd been picked through and only had old veggies. If you were lucky enough to find a piece of meat, you'll wish you hadn't, because it was hard and rubbery. The hot and sour soup was very bland. The crab legs pan was empty and never refilled. Absolutely disgusting. A huge waste of $50 to feed my family of 5.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Please look at the date of the poor reviews on this buffet. Yesterday, it was totally outstanding. The peanut butter chicken was about the best I have ever had. The fresh vegetables were steamed to perfection. The salmon was swimming in some kind of out of this world decent sauce. The whole buffet was a symphony of flavors and colors.
There really isn't much atmosphere here. It is just tables and chairs.
The buffet was very crowded today; but there was enough food and space for everyone.
Service was a bit inattentive. The servers failed to notice my empty drink glass several times.
What drags this down to very good is the strong chemical smell that wafts through the dining area on occasion. Also, screaming children help nothing here.
I highly recommend this buffet. I will return when I am in the Longmont area at lunchtime.

2  Thank qnodmd
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I don't know what has happened to this restaurant. I've complained several times about the cold food, even walking out one time. The hostess is just as cold as the food is. Today was the last straw. I witnessed an unattended child pick an item directly out of the buffet take a bite and then put the remainder back in the chafing dish. I agree with the other reviewer who said this place is a serious health risk. Disgusting!

1  Thank jessica f