“Worst Chinese Buffet Ever!!!!!!!!!”
Review of China Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Buffet
Ranked #231 of 292 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We visited the China Buffet this Saturday right at lunch time. There were plenty of choices in the steam pans. I made my selection of a salad from the cold buffet and , mushrooms and a beef dish from the steam tables for my first plate. My boyfriend chose several other dishes from the steam tables and what was represented to be Hot & Sour soup. When we returned to the table to begin eating them, all of the dishes were lukewarm at best. We tried several other dishes only to find that they also were lukewarm at best. How this restaurant has remained open and not been shut down by the Health Department is beyond comprehension. With the poor quality of the food and the fact that none of the food was at the correct temperature, this resataurant should not be in business. Save your money and go elsewhere.

1  Thank Laurie R

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Need to go there about noon or just a bit after when the place is busy. Other times are not nearly as good as it's not busy and food doesn't get turned over as quick. I like seafood, the green-lip mussels are the best, I have been to many buffets and these are the best mussels... Keep an eye out when they bring a fresh dish out and you can't beat it! Sunday all day they are higher cost (about 13) but they bring out more expensive choices, tempura battered shrimp with coconut glaze (dynamite), beef ribs, deep fried butterfly shrimp, snow crab, and again, need to go when busy! Weekdays are good as well around noon. Good choice's for kids as well, but I hate it when parents are not attentive to their behavior. The staff don't speak English all that well, but they don't need to, to pick up dishes and get a drink for ya.. They know where I like to sit and what I have to drink, same with the other dozen folks that frequent weekly, no words spoken.. When you can have four plates of food and a desert for under 10 it's not all that bad. Over all the years I haven't seen the place change much at all!
Mr. Piggy

Reviewed 31 December 2015

This is a buffet restaurant, but there were signs everywhere telling you not to waste food or you will be charged extra.....on each table, at the entrance and in the food areas. What the heck is that about? If I take a dish and I don't like it and don't finish it, what happens? What a rude and offensive way to do business! There were plenty of items to choose from but the place is really lacking in appearance and cleanliness. Sticky surfaces and tons of attitude from the wait staff who pick up your used dishes with a lot of attitude.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Probably one of the worst if not the worst restaurant in Longmont.
Staff is very unfriendly. No smile, no friendly words, they place the utensils on the table like you owe them something.
Place is not very clean. Chairs and furniture is sticky, bathrooms look not too clean either. Not sure if I would eat soft ice from their machine.
Food is low quality. Lot of fat and oils, sodium, maybe MSG. Each time we came from there we felt like a food hangover and bricks in the stomach.
In the early evening dishes were cold, old, chewy and outright horrible,

Go somewhere else, save yourself and your wallet this disappointment

1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 18 March 2015

5 or more years ago, this was a great place. No longer the case, it is now off our list of places to go when we don't feel like cooking. Food quality has deteriorated, and nothing is really fresh after 7 PM. Might be OK for lunch but kind of spendy for what is offered. 'Butter' for crab legs is clearly not; lots of the food is all vegetables and no meat. This is the last 'all you can eat' place left in Longmont with the closure of the Country Buffet and the 'other' Chinese Buffet on the North side, which is what is probably saving them from closing the doors. Being next door to a shuttered Walmart in the same anonymous strip mall (and the bulldozed Mall on the other side of the ditch) probably doesn't help traffic much, so I'm guessing their volume is way, way down...most probably think the place is closed, too...so maybe it is time for the place to shut down anyway and/or reinvent in a new location.

1  Thank Larry J