“Happy Hour Fondue”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Manitou Ave / Canon Ave
Description: Award-winning romantic fine dining experience in the heart of historic downtown Manitou Springs. Voted "Best Wait Staff" (Gold) and "Best Fine Dining" (Bronze) and "Best Place for a Celebration," The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant is locally owned by the same hosts for 22 years and is considered one of the charter members of Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce. The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant offers a rare, intimate dining experience where guests are invited to relax, linger, savor, and enjoy unrushed time together. Our signature 4-Course Fondue Dinner includes salad, cheese fondue, entree platter, and chocolate fondue. Unlike fondue in hot oil or broth, our entree platters feature table-top raclette grilling of delicious cuts of meat, seafood, sausages, and vegetables along with locally baked bread and fresh vegetables. We offer an extensive wine and beer menu including wine flight experiences in the dining room and happy hour in Mona's Cellar downstairs. The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant is listed among the most romantic restaurants in the Pikes Peak Region's and has also made the list of America's most romantic restaurants.
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We weren't really hungry enough for dinner but since we were in the area we had to stop in since the TA reviews rave on this in Manitou. In all of our visits we hadn't had Mona Lisa's.
It was great! We have had Melting Pot in several States and Mona Lisa has them beat.
We had the New World cheese fondue. It was served with various fruit, veggies, and breads. It was the perfect before dinner, after hiking, smack...It was my Happy​ hour. The server was amazing. She had a great personality and attentive.
There is happy hour wine specials also. The atmosphere is perfect for a date.
I intend to return for dinner...and the chocolate fondue.
Don't miss this when you are in Manitou Springs.

1  Thank adventurerstogether

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I wasn't too keen on another fondue type restaurant but was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and food here. Even the drink specials were a good deal. It felt much more intimate than your average melting pot chain.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

First of all, I will preface my review by stating we were not the target market audience for this type of restaurant. The Mona Lisa looks to be a charming, upscale eatery geared for adult diners. However, as we were in town on a mini spring break trip, and our trip was all about new experiences, I allowed my 18 year old daughter and 14 year old son to choose our dinner destination. Upon entrance, I noticed a sign stating that children under 3 were politely discouraged and recognized that this place could become a rather expensive eating adventure. Fortunately, the host informed us that "happy hour" was open until 630pm in the lower level, if we were just looking for the fondue experience (aka no meat). PERFECT. The kids and I were seated downstairs and enjoyed both the main cheese fondue course as well as the dessert chocolate fondue. Even better, happy hour prices are 40% off. Service was friendly and attentive. I would love to go back and experience it as an adults only meal, but I loved that I was able to share a new dining experience with my kids as well. Definitely more suited for date night or adults only.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I've been here on several occasions and the quality always remains high. If you do the full menu, you will be full! But just doing the fondue is worth the trip. Quiet place.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Who wants to boil their meat anyway? Mona Lisa is delicious and different.
Loved some of the unique flavors available and how friendly the waitstaff was while answering all of our questions.
It would be nice if there was a larger beer selection and cocktails were served.