“Great meal and experience! ”

Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Manitou Ave / Canon Ave
Description: Award-winning romantic fine dining experience in the heart of historic downtown Manitou Springs. Voted "Best Wait Staff" (Gold) and "Best Fine Dining" (Bronze) and "Best Place for a Celebration," The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant is locally owned by the same hosts for 22 years and is considered one of the charter members of Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce. The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant offers a rare, intimate dining experience where guests are invited to relax, linger, savor, and enjoy unrushed time together. Our signature 4-Course Fondue Dinner includes salad, cheese fondue, entree platter, and chocolate fondue. Unlike fondue in hot oil or broth, our entree platters feature table-top raclette grilling of delicious cuts of meat, seafood, sausages, and vegetables along with locally baked bread and fresh vegetables. We offer an extensive wine and beer menu including wine flight experiences in the dining room and happy hour in Mona's Cellar downstairs. The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant is listed among the most romantic restaurants in the Pikes Peak Region's and has also made the list of America's most romantic restaurants.
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Everything was delicious and our server was so professional and helpful. We really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it!!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

4 course meal set in a beautiful small town. Did not expect such service and great food. The wine parings were spot on. It was a bit pricey for my taste but you got to try new things.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I guess I don't get why fondue is so popular. My experience has been that fondue restaurants are overpriced and the food is so-so. Mona Lisa proved to fit the bill. This was a couple's meal, so I was willing to spend a little more, an I certainly did. Here's what I don't get; I enjoyed the first course cheese fondue, and the chocolate desert fondue, but the main meat course was vastly overpriced, skimpy in quantity and once you get done preparing it on some kind of oily contraption, way too greasy for my taste. In addition some food cooks very quickly while others take until the fondue machine is popping and spraying grease to get done. I will say that our waitress was very pleasant. If I were to go back (I doubt it) I would just get the cheese and desert courses.

1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 17 May 2017

we visited on a quiet Monday evening with my parents to celebrate my son's graduation from high school. We were assigned to a nice semi-private room, which was good because it didn't make us feel like we were all alone in an empty restaurant. (it filled up more by the time we left, but you wouldn't expect a crowd on a Monday.) our server was very helpful with getting the options sorted out and with the pacing of the 4-course meal. Unlike some reviewers, we actually thought the portions were generous enough, and she offered more bread/veggies or fruit/cake if we needed it for the cheese or chocolate courses. It certainly is never cheap to go out for fondue, so I won't give them high marks for value, but I'll say that I wasn't surprised by the pricing. We did pay extra for my parents to have the 3-glass wine pairing with their meals, though they actually shares the wine. I also though the upsell price for the seafood tray was pricey, but it was clearly marked so we all avoided it. Very memorable evening.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had wine & cheese fondue in their downstairs wine bar after taking the cog train to Pikes Peak. We were there during their happy hour, which offered discounted prices on both wine & fondue (downstairs only). It was a very romantic setting & we really enjoyed the wine & fondue. I highly recommend the "Greek Isles cheese fondue". We look forward to eating there again!