All reviewswafflespikes peakroom was cleanfree breakfastgreat place to stayindoor poolice machinebreakfast areamain roadhistoric downtownfamily vacationfree shuttlenice hotelno elevatorchain hotelswaffle makerparking lot
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This is an "old style" motel or motor court but very well maintained and refurbished--except for the fact there were hardly any extra plug-ins. Everything was clean. Bed and linens were adequate. Breakfast was not spectacular, but it was okay. We ordered take out from the pizza place next door for supper and it was very good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I chose this hotel based on reviews and we were not disappointed!! Hotel seemed clean and well maintained, staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable, mini fridge and microwave were appreciated and used. Best of all and a surprise to us, our room had a cute little balcony. There is a fitness center too for those interested. Breakfast was top of the line (for a free continental). The Magnuson Hotel is quiet and comfortable with all the amenities you could ask for, what a great value. Next time we're in Manitou Springs, we'll stay here again. Would recommend this place to anybody and everybody!

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Nice hotel. Balcony on the 2nd floor rooms a nice perk. Stayed here this past weekend - spur of the moment. Friendly staff at check in. Comfortable bed. Above average breakfast in the A.M. Very quiet place. For the money, it was wonderful. WOuld happily return if we find ourselves back in the area. Unfortunately due to a snow storm we were not able to go to Pikes Peak the following morning, but this place is very close by and also near Garden of the Gods.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I found this hotel quiet and clean with the most helpful staff, especially Taylor. I’ve never been to Manitou and my wife and I had many questions and she was very patient and helpful towards us, even as busy as she was. (THANK YOU!). The morning staff was just as helpful and happy.
The room was very quiet at bed time and I slept through the night. I found this interesting as this was an outside entrance to our room. The continental breakfast was everything I needed. Giving me enough energy for the hiking I did that morning. It also saved me a considerable amount of money. I highly recommend this hotel as it is easy to find and close to the entrance of the little community of Manitou. Price was good and yes it was not during their peak season. Great job Magnuson! Keep up the good work.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I'm always a little skeptical staying at "motor hotels" where the vehicles park right outside your door. But our stay at the Magnuson was enjoyable and there were no issues. The rooms are comfortable, wifi free, and there is a pool and hot tub to enjoy. Also a free breakfast in a small area that tends to get crowded. Breakfast was average for a free one, with several different choices of pastry, yogurt, boiled eggs, and waffles. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Upper floor would be a little quieter, but overall it was not loud.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family