“I miss Germany”
Review of Mavi

Mavi
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I was surprised and happy to see a Doner stand in Manitou, and even happier that they've opened a new location on N Nevada near Fillmore. The owner and his staff are very friendly, and are more than willing to answer questions about what to eat, if you have any confusions. As the stand is in a little alley way next to the owner's shop, it can be overlooked accidentally. However, the outdoor eating area is a pleasure on warm days, where you can look and listen to the creek below. Their store on N Nevada offers a small café atmosphere. If you're confused about the menu, just ask and they will make surprising recommendations. And yes, you will leave full!!!!

1  Thank Tim M

Reviewed 10 June 2017

The Mavi Turkish centre serves authentic Turkish coffee and food in the centre of Manitou Springs and also sells interesting Turkish craft items, Reminded me of the shops in the bazaar in Fethiye, my favourite city in Turkey. Mavi enhances the hippyish tourist experience that is Manitou Springs and I recommend a visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was closed due to some storm damage but we stopped in their shop and browsed. Beautiful turkish linens and some good Turkish coffee. The lady who helped us was knowledgeable and nice. Recommend especially if you like fine linens and unique jewelry.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I went to their Colorado Springs location on 2907 N. Nevada.

It was almost like the German döner which has been hard for me to find a place like this.

Döner Kebabs were invented by a Turkish restaurateur in Berlin, if you care to know that. And that is why I compared it to German food and not Turkish.

Get the döner sandwich and you will be able to quiet the little voice telling you to get an airplane ticket to Germany.

I will return and am so happy I found this place.

Only reason for the four stars is the $8 price tag for my sandwich and drink.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We came here to try the kabobs but didn't see them on the menu. We both had a doner wrap and shared an order of fries. The owner doesn't speak English but we were able to point to what we wanted and it worked fine. Our wraps came out quickly and were fresh.