Mt Princeton Riding Stables & Equestrian Center
Review Highlights
WONDERFUL!!

We had Blake for our trail guide snd he was great. Did two hour ride in afternoon and was a... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
llbrewster
Kearney, Nebraska
Perfect trail ride on a gorgeous September day.

We had an excellent experience! Blake, our guide, was knowledgeable and very friendly. Horses were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$135.63
from US$180.52
from US$146.48
1,124 results
All reviews hour ride great ride waterfall ride riding experience beautiful scenery guide dan longer ride buena vista great guide chalk creek hot springs horses riders falls horseback saddle cowboy
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021

It was fun for the kids - maybe a little long at least for one of them. We had to do a rather slow boring ride because of so many kids, could not be helped. But recognize that and highly recommend Mt. Princeton Stables.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Loved our ride. We were surprised at how close to the side of the mountains the horses got. Our guides were great.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

We are a family of five with very little horseback riding experience. Ralph set us up with great horses, and Trinity led us on a wonderful trail ride. It was very scenic and the horses were trustworthy. We crossed creeks, went up and down steep slopes, and really got a true trail experience. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating—people and horses alike!

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Casey was our trail guide for the 3/4 day Waterfall Trail ride! He was wonderful! Knowledgeable, friendly, fun and capable. You can tell he loves the terrain and the horses equally. If you’re looking to do a horseback trail ride, this is the one you want!

Reviewed 12 August 2021

The 1 hour trail ride - while the guides were super nice and easy to talk to, the woman at the front desk was not as friendly. In addition, we left about 45 minutes after we were supposed to as the group was way to large and there were several smaller children going on the ride who just barely made the cut for age and never had experience riding before. About half way thru the ride, one of the kids fell off their horse, as they let go of the saddle to take a drink and just tipped off. The 1 hour ride was more like a 2 hour stroll and although I enjoyed the extra time on my horse, it was not the experience I was hoping for.

The next day, I brought my daughters there for a pony ride. Was told by the woman at the front that I needed to wait about 45minutes until the trail ride was back so there was someone who could do the ride with us. I asked how long we had and she said each ride was 30 minutes ($25 each). Fast forward an hour and 15 minutes later when the trail ride had returned AND loaded up another trail ride and left, a gentleman comes up to me to tell me that there is a pony tied to the carousel in the lot that we can put the girls on and that no one from their team needs to be there. It was "feel free to ride him for however long you want" and it wasn't anything more than me holding my kid and walking around in a circle for however long we wanted to. What a poor experience. My kids have both been riding for at least 2 years now on much larger horses and knowing that we paid $50 for the two of them to simply walk around in a circle (which I could have done the entire time I was waiting for someone to help us) was just ridiculous. Definitely felt taken advantage of.

I'll be going to another place next time.

Date of experience: July 2021