US$175
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$199
Orbitz.com
US$89
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat campgroundtent campersfull hookupshot springs poolbathrooms and showersnice laundry rooma family run businessclean campgroundin townwalking distance to main streetthe riveroffice doorfew minutes walkwe've stayedswitzerland of americagravelrestrooms
Reviewed 8 September 2017

This is my first experience with an RV park in a camping trailer I rented to go see the total eclipse in Wyoming. They "don't do internet reservations", you have to call them. It's a family run business, and busy during the peak summer times. I made my reservation a month in advance, and got the last available spot for an RV/camping trailer. On the day of my trip they called to confirm, I told them I was running late, so they said they'd leave me a note on the office door as to where my spot was, the codes to get in the restrooms, etc. I would say this is great service you rarely receive any more! We arrived after dark, got settled, had a great night's sleep. The next morning we discovered from some tent campers that a mother bear and cubs were cruising the area, and they prudently decided to hide in the restrooms for a few hours, so this may not be the best place to tent camp! And you certainly don't want to leave things outside that may attract bears. Wifi didn't really work unless you had a spot near the showers, but for us, not a deal breaker. Showers were clean. Most convenient place to camp in Ouray, as you just have to walk across the bridge to get to the main part of town, a few blocks away. It's not a "rustic campground", it's busy, but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat if I wanted to hang out in Ouray a few days.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, try to get a spot close to the office/showers
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

the place is mostly very large RV's and people with their loud jeeps. The "tent" camp sites are covered in a layer of 2-inch sharp gravel stones, a poor base for tents being placed on the ground. The tent sites are filled with smaller RV's and trailers and squeezed in next to the bus-sized RV's. One of the single tent sites had 5 jeeps squeezed into it with a group of 12 or more partying there. Bring earplugs if you plan to stay there. The large group left their trash out overnight--which is an attractant to the bears that go through there in the early morning hours. The internet also never worked in the 5 days I was there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Pros: Beautiful Views, in the center of town so walking distance from everything including the Hot Springs. Bathrooms were very clean and nice. Friendly staff.

Cons: All sites are very close together. Tent sites were not set up very well. We could not have a fire due to our tent being next to it. We were woke up every morning by 2 older gentleman talking to one another in there tent very loudly at 4:30 AM to 6:00 AM. Laundry was limited and closed at 6 which is not very convenient and created a long wait. Public road going through campground with large trucks coming and going at all hours. No fire rings at camper sites.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We really enjoyed this camp site. It is walking distance to town. Restrooms and showers are clean. WiFi was only fair. Our site was next to river which was very nice. I especially liked that the campground was quiet. We've stayed at others in the area which were not so quiet. They don't have a store which was somewhat disappointing. They also don't give traditional discounts, but at their reasonable prices, they are cheaper than the others in the area. If you are a military veteran, you can get a 10% discount. The owner is a WWII vet and recognizes our service. Access to the city's hot springs pool is a short walk. The pool was reconstructed recently, and it is much improved. Overall, we had a fun stay. We will visit again, and we recommend 4J+1+1 to other campers. Reservations required way in advance during high summer season.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Scot671
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We stayed at the 4J for 3 nights in June 2017 on a road trip. We are tent campers and even though the campsites aren't very private, we love the in-town location, the clean bathrooms and showers and the friendly staff. Once again, everything was great! It is NOT a rustic camping experience... we always talk about how it hardly counts as camping, since we barely get dirty, have showers and laundry, and they even have coffee out in the morning at the office so we don't have to rush to make some. We will stay here again the next time we are in Ouray, for sure.

Room Tip: Lower-numbered tent sites are closer to the bathroom building.
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple