“A nice taste of the 50's”
Review of Pinewood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pagosa Springs
Pinewood Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Reviewed 13 July 2015

I am a woman in my 70's on a fixed income who often travels alone. In Pagosa Springs I was looking for an affordable, clean, attractive and safe place to spend one or two nights. Happily I came across the Pinewood Inn. The roof and doors, painted bright red,
call out "Welcome!" Inside the room was spare--all I needed--immaculately clean and in good order. The refrigerator, TV and wifi worked perfectly. The managers, a family, were friendly and helpful, which made me feel safe. I would certainly recommend this motel to travelers who want a clean, attractive, safe place to stay.

Stayed: July 2015
5  Thank Germaine K

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

We stopped in Pagosa Springs on our way to Mesa Verde so only needed a room for the night. This motel worked really well; reasonable priced, friendly staff, and good location. The room was a good size, but the shower was small and the water temperature kept changing. There was no air conditioning, but in their rains an open window and a fan worked just fine. At the owners recommendation we walked to a pizza place down the street which we really liked and a local hot springs pool. After the hot springs we all slept very well.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Grmabear
Reviewed 13 June 2015

This is an older motel with tilted floors and not even air-conditioning, but it is clean, quiet, and I slept great here. I stayed on two different nights the second weekend of June 2015. I was attending the Bluegrass festival in town where I camped for the weekend, but stayed at the Pinewood Inn on The Thursday night before and Sunday night after the festival in two different rooms. I have also stayed here at other times in the past and never wrote a review for the Pinewood, but it well deserves a good review.

As I mentioned this is an older motel, the building is old, but the rooms are nicely painted and carpeting is good. Everything about it was clean as I could see, and freshly painted. The floors are wavy, and in the first room had low water pressure, but even then, it was a great shower. There is no air-conditioning, but ceiling fans, and the windows open to let in the fresh mountain air (pagosa is 7000" + above sea level), yes, it was the older style TV (does it really matter?), the wifi was good from both rooms I stayed in.

I traveled cross-country driving and this was the most comfortable motel I stayed in on the whole trip. For a resort area, it was very reasonable in price on a weekend.

The owner, Jim and his wife and staff were all great... I was very happy at the Pinewood Inn and happy to give 4 stars on the value. Way better than one of those sealed recycled air big boxed hotel chains!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank crazyguyonabike
Reviewed 5 June 2015

If you are looking for a semi-clean property, with reasonable prices and a good location, the Pinewood Inn might be your place. The location is great and the bed was relatively comfortable. We had a mini-frig and microwave in our room. Don't bother with the breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not directly on the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 1 February 2015

A very basic, old motel. If you come to PS to hike, ski, fish etc., or need a place because of work, this is it. Clean, on the main drag, close to the Springs and several eateries. Every room has it's own entrance, so you can park just several feet from your door. No hallways, lobbies stairs to navigate.

Room Tip: All rooms are very similar. Would advise rooms in the rear. Rooms on the roadway may be a little noi...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo