“Excellent food”

Nello's Bistro & Espresso Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2012

While dining the restaurant was busy and it seems it was a good place for the locals too. We were in a group of 13. Kinda slow service however we are on vacation and visiting with our group so it was OK. One of the couples in our group entrée order was not turned in with the others so therefore they did not get their dinner with everyone else. The owner (a very nice lady) I'm assuming come over and apoligized profusely and did comp our friend's dinner order. not all places will do this, even if they are wrong. All the food was excellent in our group. We will come back if ever visiting again.

1  Thank Food628

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was at Nello's over the weekend for dinner with a group of 8 friends. That was probalby my 15th visit. I go there solely when invited by friends as I enjoy the atmosphere and entertainment. But, the food is always poor quality, and the service lacking. On this last visit, my tuna steak was way overdone, and the pasta sauce, like many items on the menu, was way too sweet. The two spices the chef seems to rely on heavily are sugar and salt. One of my dinner companions was served a baked potato that was cold, hard, and raw in the center. The overall opinion at the table was that the food ranged from bad to mediocre, with one exception: two diners loved the spinach balls. If you go with low expectations, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank cotohi
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Fried spinach cheese balls great. Above average for Pagosa. Alley House #1 Nello's #2 places to eat in Pagosa.

1  Thank Lewis H
Reviewed 9 February 2012

wonderful service, great food, quaint but casual or dressy

1  Thank Donna F
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Food was fresh and well prepared. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank N C