“Delicious pizza, polite service.”
Review of Pagosa Peaks Pizza - CLOSED

Pagosa Peaks Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Thanks to all the REAL reviews over the last 5 years, but our lease is over and we officially closed on March 31 2016.
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Was worried after reading recent reviews, but I was so happy with the service and especially the pizza. I mean let's be fair, there was one server for the whole place so we had to wait awhile (like an hour until food served). The server was polite and did what he could for us (2) and two other large parties (6 & 10). I did have to ask for water once. I would definitely come back and recommend this place to a friend.

The pizza was great and I feel worth the wait. I don't think people understand that you can't make most homemade pizzas (multiple) without expecting to wait about 45minutes. If you want fast food, go to Pizza Hut. Don't come here and give a bad review because you're hangry and used to living spoiled in the city.

Only reason I gave 4/5 stars was because of the one server for all tables. He did a great job, but it was impossible to meet the needs in a timely manner with how many people were there.

Pagosa_Peaks_Pizza, Owner at Pagosa Peaks Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Thanks for your review, now that I am closed (5 year lease expired) I have time to personally respond to a REAL review or two. I like that you pointed out what is on the front of every menu, IF YOU WANT FAST FOOD PIZZA LEAVE AND GO THERE.
This is homemade pizza not an assembly line for a conveyor, I feel sorry for the people who do not know the difference as I was once young unknowing and price conscience and didn't have health issues that forces you to read ingredients labels.
As a society we shop by price assuming we are comparing apples to apples, but I am an orange.
The crust is fresh not frozen, precooked or par-baked to save cook time, I leave that to the chain stores
I make my own meats with no textured vegetable protein ie. soy meat extenders. (lower price by half)
The vegetables are fresh never frozen so they are crisp not limp, some people confuse this as uncooked.
No MSG is used or massive amounts of salt, that people confuse with tastes sweet or tasteless, if you want your pizza to taste like salt...its on the table along with the pepper.
As for your comment on having only one server, that is all that is usually required unless we have unscheduled big parties come in as in your case and I really cant do anything about that, I can call another server to come in but by the time they would get there they are unneeded because it takes 45-60 minutes to get in, alternatively we tell people that there is a wait time but they just leave and claim in a 1 star review that "there were only 1 or 2 people in the place. I do not subscribe to the "reputation management" companies that charge exorbitant fees to post fake good reviews like most in this town do, I think is funny when someone calls it out in a review that the place is nothing like the reviews and they were disappointed because the place had such high ratings.

Ill just go back to cooking for myself good healthy(healthier) food, that I can digest without issues that the vast majority of restaurants especially chain stores give me.

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Dont go here!!!
Ive never said that on a review before until now. Go to rosies pizza instead!!
We walked in waited forever standing as hostess/ server plump short women walked by. After 15 min she snapped at us saying it will be a long wait people... We hadnt even said anything to her. Rudest server ive ever encountered. Thr were only 2 ppl dining. Obviously she hates working thr and i dont blame her.
Inside is very run down and smelled.
On an instinct we left. So never tried food.
We ended up at rosies and had wonderful pizza with best homeade crust.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Sitting here waiting over an hour for a salad. Glasses sit empty as wait staff walk by and pretend you don't exist. Can't even get there attention to say we just want to pay for our drinks and leave..leaving some money on the table and walking out, hope it covers the mediocre watered down margaritas.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

I didn't read reviews until we were sitting in the restaurant and we were greeted extremely rudely. We stopped in after seeing it when passing by looking for a pizza joint. The only two guys here both acted as if they were put out that we were here. The place filled up as we waited for our food and they clearly need help. Service and atmosphere was lousy, not only to us but to everyone sitting around us. We waited a long time for food and when it finally came out the guy basically tossed it on the table and walked away (you can't make this stuff up). The pizza was mediocre at best, and only luke warm. The patron margarita was the best part of the meal. We were never asked if we needed more drinks after ours sat empty for way too long. We finally flagged the guy down to get a refill. I'm writing this as we're desperately waiting to get the check. We just want to end this experience.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

Stopped in on a whim. we were only customer upon arrival. One arrived during our meal.

Eric was helpful and friendly.

The white pizza was great as well as the buffalo wings.