“Best Margarita in Town!”
Review of Jorge's Sombrero

Jorge's Sombrero
Ranked #34 of 334 Restaurants in Pueblo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Atmosphere, staff and drinks are great! The Mexican food is just ok. But we go for the great bartenders and servers.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This was recommended by 2 different people so we had to try it. The food was excellent and the service right on point. It was a great dining experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This review is going to make me sound like a TEXMEX snob. While I love TEXMEX, I also love alternative Mexican food and given the choice will always select local dives over chains every time. None the less, I stand be the title...
This is not TexMex, CalMex, or Southwest Mex, I would not even say it is authentic Mexican. Maybe it could be classified as "So stoned so you do not care what you eat Mex". First failure, service was slow, I mean like ganga hung over slow. Next, salsa appeared to be crushed red peppers mixed with chili powder and rancid oil. Chips were the highlight of the meal, I am not sure if they were that good or in contrast to everything else they just shown. The queso was ok until we found wads of shredded chicken at the bottom. Showed the waitress, she said, that is not supposed to be there, then she took it away and we never saw it again, until the bill showed up. I ordered the Chile Relleno, it came out as peppers wrapped in an omelet style skin of eggs, not egg batter, but a thin layer of just egg. I was offered green sauce or red, I asked if the green was tomatillos and was informed that “No, green sauce is made from stewed pork not tomatillos.” Who knew? My wife’s cheese enchiladas were not covered with sauce, but were drowning in it. She chose not to eat more than one bite. The refried beans were meh, rice tasted like it was made from a store brand box. Having said all this, there were lots of people in there. All I can think is that the locals in Colorado are so stricken with the marijuana munchies that they will eat anything.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The food is good for local food, service is average nothing bad lunch time noisy and crowded. It fine for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Jorge's is a good local eatery for Mexican food. It is a bit higher priced than other local shops. They are generally busy but have plenty of seating. The half and half green chili is my favorite. The mild is actually too plain

Been to Jorge's Sombrero? Share your experiences!