“Large restaurant with good service and good food”

Cactus Flower Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 337 Restaurants in Pueblo
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This was my first time to Cactus Flower. The menu was extensive and of course, the cold Dos Equis beer was a must. I had the Taco Salad. The Tortilla shell was huge and the salad was very large. Very tasty.

I arrived on Friday, shortly after 11 a. m. when they open. Good thing. When I left about noon, it was packed. Signs of the quality of the food.

MousePueblo_CO, Owner at Cactus Flower Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks Bob, we really appreciate the great review you gave us!!!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Being from New Mexico, our entire family was very disappointed by the food. It was flavorless, and there was no heat. Perhaps this place is simply popular with retired gringos (the only other patrons we saw in the place). We won't be back.

MousePueblo_CO, Owner at Cactus Flower Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

In response to your review, the Mexican food is different from New Mexico food as in the Mexican food from around the country. We have our own style and am sorry you didn’t enjoy it, but to call my customers gringos I feel is out of place. We have a diverse clientele and you only chose to see what you wanted to see. Enjoy your Mexican food in New Mexico.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and great service Great kids menu. The Chili relino was excellent No wonder it was voted best in Pueblo

Thanks for the awesome review!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Had a very unfortunate, disturbing incident our first (& only) time eating here. We discovered after having a carry-out order that our card had been charged twice for the same amount from this restaurant. The host had run the card out of sight of us when he rang up the charge, which is standard procedure, but when I checked my balance later & saw 2 charges, we immediately called the restaurant. The night mgr on duty I believe named Annette or Yvette was sweet, told us she would be the one closing out the sales that night,& that she would only let one charge go through. She also said she would have the GM call us in the morning. She also told us something very disturbing. She said they had talked to the host & had him pay it back in cash. My husband went in the next morning upon opening to talk to the GM. The host who had run our card twice was still employed & working(I would think something like this would get an employee fired),& the GM had supposedly just stepped out, yet when the morning mgr my husband dealt w/ came out to point out that only one card charge would be processed out of the two times it was ran, the GM's name was the one listed on the log in for the computer print out of the receipts as though she was present in the back & just wouldn't speak w/ my husband. My husband noticed that on the print out, the second charge on our card had been entered MANUALLY TWO HOURS after we had originally purchased our carry-out order. This leads me to believe our credit card number was COPIED by the host in question. My husband pointed this out & asked why it was run manually & then asked why the host has paid the amount back out of pocket, what did that mean? The morning mgr said "well you weren't supposed to know that". He never got to talk w/ the GM, & the casual way something like this was handled disturbs me very greatly. We will definitely never eat here again & are very disturbed & hope the GM or owner will see this & offer us to reach out to them so this can be made right. I now have to cancel our credit card or watch my purchases coming through adamantly to make sure no more fraudulent charges come through. I'm VERY disappointed in how the Mgmt handled this situation, especially considering I have visited the area for 10 years & always wanted to eat here & my first experience to finally do so ended in fraudulent charges on my card swept under the rug.

2  Thank PermaVacationer78

First I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had at our restaurant. We discussed this issue with all managers and obviously the host was busy and when he went to close it out he did something wrong that is why it was ran again and fixed. He did not have to pay anything and your card was only charged the one time for your to go order. We would never dodge out on discussing something of this importance and tried to assure your husband you were not charged twice. I would be more then happy to reimburse you the money if you can show me on your statement you were charged twice. Again I apologize for the inconvenience of our mistake causing you all of this heartache.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Sit at the bar with only two other customers. The service was awful. Bartender had toothpick sruck out of his mouth the entire time serving. The order of Fajitas we ordered was terrible. I would give this place a Zero

Been to Cactus Flower Restaurant? Share your experiences!