“1950's Food”
Review of Hen House Cafe

Hen House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Pueblo West
Cuisines: American
Description: They specialize in hearty, tasty and down-home breakfast, plus their fried chicken for lunch/dinner is AWESOME. Basic American menu as well and some Mexican. (719) 647-1048 Pueblo West 394 S Joe Martinez Blvd Pueblo West, CO 81007
Reviewed 5 June 2017

This busy restaurant is mostly patronized by grey haired people (like me) who may be seeking 1950's comfort food (not me). I had a veggie omelette that featured cheese and more cheese and few veggies. It and the potatoes were kind of greasy. If this was 1955, better than average food, but it is 2017. My wife said her her huevos rancheros were good.

Unfortunately two young couples with kids were seated next to us. The infant started screaming regularly and the parents must have thought this was cute. We had to leave. I guess ear plugs are now necessary when eating out.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The chicken is awesome. The sides are not. Seemed like the sides were over cooked. Restaurant is clean and homey feeling. Servers were attentive.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I've been here now numerous times, with friends. And each time I was not disappointed neither were my friends. Prices reasonable

Reviewed 7 April 2017

We stopped in, and pleasantly surprised breakfast was served until 2pm. Food was great, staff was attentive without being annoying. Serving sizes were perfect. There new potato logs were very tasty. Definitely will be going back!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This is the Hen House Cafe in Pueblo West, Co. It is in the wide open spaces. It was a nice, relaxed and friendly local people kind of place. The food was delicious and our server Christine was great. Bob and I enjoyed it! 16 Mar 2017.