“Breakfast ”
Review of Hen House Cafe

Hen House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Pueblo West
Cuisines: American
Description: They specialize in hearty, tasty and down-home breakfast, plus their fried chicken for lunch/dinner is AWESOME. Basic American menu as well and some Mexican. (719) 647-1048 Pueblo West 394 S Joe Martinez Blvd Pueblo West, CO 81007
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We tried the Hen House for breakfast. The parking lot was full so we took that as a good sign. The biscuits and gravy was really good. I also tried a small burrito (it wasn't very small). The chili on the burrito was spicier than anticipated but the beans that were served with it were surprisingly good and helped with the heat.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We went on a Saturday morning as a group of seventeen and the staff were wonderful! Incredibly accommodating, only a thirty minute wait, and prompt wait service. All of our food came out quickly and was all correct. The coffee was hot and our mugs were always full. Definitely would recommend this homestyle food!

1  Thank GessL
Reviewed 11 July 2017

In all honesty i cannot find much to say about the Hen House that is complimentary. On the first occasion I visited I left very disappointed. The second occasion I just left. The initial visit for lunch I waited for more than 10 minutes before I was acknowledged. When my meal finally arrived, another 25 minutes, the chicken was greasy and the potatoes under cooked. I returned because I had a hankering for fried chicken. There were two young ladies behind the register trying to figure out which table got which bill. There were three bills on the counter. I arrived at about 11:45. By 10 after twelve I still had not been acknowledged. One customer waited to pay his bill and one of the young ladies looked up and asked "didn't you already pay?". The customer then responded "yes" and walked out. After nearly a half hour wait I left in disgust. I will never go back and I will give the same review I've submitted here to anyone that asks.

1  Thank debandmac
Reviewed 5 June 2017

This busy restaurant is mostly patronized by grey haired people (like me) who may be seeking 1950's comfort food (not me). I had a veggie omelette that featured cheese and more cheese and few veggies. It and the potatoes were kind of greasy. If this was 1955, better than average food, but it is 2017. My wife said her her huevos rancheros were good.

Unfortunately two young couples with kids were seated next to us. The infant started screaming regularly and the parents must have thought this was cute. We had to leave. I guess ear plugs are now necessary when eating out.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The chicken is awesome. The sides are not. Seemed like the sides were over cooked. Restaurant is clean and homey feeling. Servers were attentive.