“Birthday Celebration”
Review of Sauce on the Blue

Sauce on the Blue
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Silverthorne
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Description: Sauce on the Blue is a Family Pizzeria and Italian Eatery located right on the Blue River in Silverthorne, Colorado. With an old world influenced style, our menu offers a complete selection of Italian dishes to satisfy your palette. From classic favorites like Spaghetti Bolonese to more contemporary dishes such as our Penne Gorgonzola, we've got something for everyone!
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Now ski season has finished in Keystone, Sauce on the Blue is one of ( only a few ) nicer establishments that remains open before things get going again for the summer months. For a Thursday night , it was busy but not crowded. With a 6:30 reservation, we were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately. SOTB has a charming , relaxed , unpretentious atmosphere. There is a comfortable bar area that displays a wide variety of whiskey and other liquors. The wine menu is decent too. Christopher was our server, and couldn’t have been more helpful. He was knowledgeable about the menu, and having ordered the salmon, he suggests the halibut. It was cooked to perfection, I’d go as far as to say one of the best pieces of fish I’ve had anywhere! My better half ordered the Penne Alla Vodka with shrimp and scallops. A healthy serving that came to the table fresh and steaming. The tiramisu is made in house, and was mouth watering to the taste buds. SOTB is definitely worth a visit. Go hungry.

2  Thank sugarlips65
Timothy A, Owner at Sauce on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you've enjoyed your meals with us. We always encourage reservations even during the week in the off-season, we do fill up, so give us a call or place your reservation on our website! Cheers.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The restaurant was a great place with a good vibe to it. Comfortable too! Even as the hostess was swarmed, she was still polite and funny. The rest of the staff was fun to talk to as well. It was a great place to have a nice drink and some dinner after a long day of skiing! They probably had some of the best mussels I've had yet in Colorado too! I look forward to coming back here if my skiing brings me through again!

2  Thank Mari_est96
Timothy A, Owner at Sauce on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner with us, the Mussels in a Pesto Cream sauce is one of my favorite appetizers too.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Awesome restaurant, great service. We live in town and visit this restaurant more than all other local places to eat as we know we will always have a great time here. The wine and whiskey selection are extensive and all the food items we have ordered have only been awesome.

1  Thank justin m
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had a great visit for my birthday with the Sauce on the Blue. The service was fantastic, scenery was top notch, and the food was wonderful. I for sure will stop by again on a future visit to the area. Nice place!

1  Thank Todd C
Timothy A, Owner at Sauce on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Todd, Thanks for spending your birthday with us!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for my aunts birthday dinner during our vacation here! one of the best restaurants I had experienced while there. it was good food (although it wasn’t my own) like the fried raviolis, my mom & other enjoyed their gumbo (we heard the chef won a prize for it) my aunt fell in love with their Brussel sprouts & the pizza looked AMAZING (wish i could’ve had some). others had the steak (or tips or something) with the mashed potatoes & asparagus! my pasta wasn’t all that seasoned, but after eating everyone else’s food i didn’t hardly eat it anyway. I was more so shocked that they didn’t set up the oil & cheese for the bread (like most italian restaurants i’ve been to do.) butttt, it was still a good experience. it was a little quaint (so a lot of the tables were close) but I STILL enjoyed myself & we actually made friends with the people next to us. ❤️

1  Thank Gabriella N
Timothy A, Owner at Sauce on the Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Gabriella,
I'm glad that everyone enjoyed your aunt's birthday dinner with us!