“I can dig it”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

It’s pretty great. The cheese pizza is delicious. The sale is good! Silver Thorne is such a cute little town. Eat pizza and have a great view.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The host apparently was more interested in his cell phone conversation instead of seating customers. Three couples waiting to be seated and finally all couples were seated with finger and hand gestures. Never did get off the phone. The food was tasty and our waiter extremely helpful. Too bad rated down rated because of rude host.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed the spinach and cheese specialty... can't remember the name, but it's one of their best selling pizzas. The cookie dough is to die for - ours never made it to the oven, but maybe yours will. Friendly staff... not a lot of room inside to sit down but worth the trip. Yum-o!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

After visiting Peak 8 Adventure Park and horseback riding with the family, I wasn't in the mood to eat dinner out at any of the local establishments.

So, using TA, I located Nick-N-Willys Pizza and after reading some reviews, I decided to give them a call.

I am glad I did. The pizza was perfect, liked by everyone in the family. I especially enjoyed the veggie pizza.

While I wish they delivered, it wasn't a big deal to drive and grab it...it was worth it.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Nick N Willy's, in Silverthorne, is a great little place. The pizza is always good, and freshly made, and the staff is fun. Having said that, I'll fill you in a bit more.

The very first thing you'll notice is that it's small. The only seating is either on the patio, or at a counter inside. There are no indoor tables, and I wouldn't suggest bringing a group, unless you don't mind sitting side by side. Take and bake, or hot take out, might be your best option.

When you order from Nick N Willy's don't expect a big, heavy, thick crust pizza. Their pies are hand tossed, thin and crispy, artisan style. That means that the crust will sometimes get black on the edges. For those of us who like this style of pizza, it's not burnt, it's flavor.

If you sit at the counter, you can watch them put your pie together. In my experience, there's nothing skimpy about it, but again, this is about flavor, not quantity. I like to get the nuances of each ingredient, and yet enjoy the complete blend of flavors in my mouth.

So, here's the thing: If you want a really good, freshly made, thin and crispy pizza, this is the place to go. If you want a big, heavy, saucy pie, you'll probably want to go somewhere else.

The four star rating is because of the seating situation. Otherwise, it would be a five.

1  Thank Don B