Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne(Silverthorne)(Great Value!)
US$179
Hampton.com
Luxury Inn & Suites(Silverthorne)
US$90
Quality Inn & Suites(Silverthorne)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Pool
1st Interstate Inn(Silverthorne)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsold chicagospiral staircasefree breakfastduring ski seasonconvenient locationeasy accessski tripcopper mountainskiingkeystonemountainsslopesdillon
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We've stayed at other La Quinta hotels before and have had satisfactory experiences. The La Quinta in Silverthorne, CO, was an extreme disappointment. We knew the building was decades old (we're familiar with the area), but the interior could use a complete overhaul (there were signs indicating remodeling was in progress, but remodeling of what was not clear). The first room we were in had a serious plumbing leak in the shower with water coming from the faucet handle and from behind the wall out to the floor leaving a big puddle in the bath area. It was evident this leak had been going on for some time, so how housekeeping staff missed this and other guests didn't report it is surprising. We switched rooms and room two left a lot to be desired as well: terrible shower head, scratchy sheets, lumpy pillows that were shot, uncomfortable mattress, very small dresser, old beat up side chair, small bathroom overall including sink and counter area, only a few hangers in closet and temperature control in room (AC or heat) was terrible. Based on the room, we passed on the breakfast, but it appeared to be the usual lackluster, breakfast-included-hotel fare. We won't be back to and we won't be recommending this La Quinta location.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColoSpgs1970
Manager-6752, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear ColoSpgs1970, I am disappointed to read your review of our hotel. I will pass it along to our maintenence and housekeeping departments to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

After an exceptionally nice stay at a LaQuinta in Grand Junction, we took a chance on the LaQuinta, Silverthorne. We were in room 432, the toilet didn't work, neither did the A/C. The ceilings and walls are thin, we heard noise from above. The biggest problem with LaQuintas is they have no national standard, the hotels are not consistent, usually very cheaply constructed. Silverthorne LaQuinta proved the point. And the points are removed annually, they don't accrue.

Room Tip: Get a top floor!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RevC F
Manager-6752, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear RevC F, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will pass along your feedback about the toilet and AC in room 432 to our maintence department.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

For a place that is in a busy area with lots of tourism, and for $150.00 a night you would expect that it would be updated and modern. The ceilings in my room could be described as "ghetto". Old junky window AC that did am ok job at max settings for average output. Elevator was tiny. Staff was not welcoming. While my check in they jabbered back and forth in Spanish, and giggling. I will not consider this place in the future

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Laura L, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear BikerDeluxe, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It helps us further understand which areas we need to improve.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on way to Durango. They are in middle of "renovations". There are exposed wires and holes. There was portable air conditioners in the rooms. They did not cool the rooms at all. Did not know it was pet friendly and there was multiple dogs everywhere. Breakfast area was not clean. Food was below normal hotel fare. The hotel was not very clean. Only good thing was we had a nice view of the mountains from the room.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Manager-6752, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear Carrie F, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I bought this hotel on Priceline, and was disappointed. The hotel is in the middle of a renovation. I think if I'd have known it was in the middle of a renovation or received a better price because of that I would have felt differently. I will say I felt fairly safe (traveling with my young daughter only) and the bed was very comfortable. The downside: 2/5 pieces of gym equipment worked, there was a lot of gravel (??) in the hot tub, paint on the floor in our bathroom, stairwell door handle did not function as it should (third floor), the hallway ceiling was missing its panels. I did not bring any of this to the attention of the hotel staff as I figured they already knew! Breakfast was what you'd expect, nothing amazing, but certainly well stocked and fresh.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Amanda N, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We hope to have all of our renovations completed shortly.