“Hotel needs extensive renovations”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Two stars for an aging, maintained hotel well beyond its usefulness. Needs painting, New furniture, pool renovation, and uniformed personnel. Polite staff, but our room was small with a mini bathroom---good for a child only. Breakfast passable. Will NOT use La Quintana again unless it's brand new!!!

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Cynthia,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to learn that our service fell short of exceeding your lodging expectations. Your feedback is immensely important to us and we appreciate your candor. We are very sorry that you had such a negative experience and will share your comments with our senior management team. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to improve our hotel. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us.

Diana - LQ Customer Care

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The hotel has recently received some updates that appear nice, but the quality of those renovations are terrible. The first room we were in was leaking water so badly from the air conditioner that the carpet below it was soaked. When I asked to switch rooms or have the issue corrected, the front desk staff told me that they were having issues with the new A/C units, as a part had been installed incorrectly. He placed our room on a maintenance hold and assigned me "the last available room". We packed up all of our things and moved to room #2. Thinking that we were finally set for the night, my husband started taking a shower. A few minutes after that, there was a knock on the door and the front desk attendant asked if we were using the shower because water was leaking through the ceiling of the reception area. Again, I went down to the front desk to work out a solution. The next front desk attendant I spoke with asked me which floor of the hotel we would like to be on. I thought that was strange, because the last time we moved rooms, I was told we got the last room in the hotel! Finally, room #3 was sufficient. Still, the renovations were lacking quality and we had loose floor tiles to deal with. The shower rod was installed incorrectly, so the shower curtain kept sliding from each side into the middle, which allowed water to seep onto the floor. Our floor was soaked after showers, but I wasn't going to move my 1.5 year old once again. I highly discourage anyone from staying here. It is not worth the price and hassle.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Mary W, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

I apologize that you had to move rooms, we are currently replacing all the flooring in the hotel as well as some other renovations. Again I apologize you had to deal with that.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Such a beautiful lobby! Breakfast had a wide variety of options. The pool and hot tub were a great way to relax. Check in was quick and the clerk was friendly. Overall we had a great time and would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoTravel1
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I've stayed at this location twice. No problems either time. On the nicer side compared to other La Quinta's I've stayed at. Room was large. Beds comfortable, breakfast is basic, employee's are helpful. They allow pets and prices are good for this area. Its an area with restaurants nearby. What more could you ask for. I would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
0.4 km away
8.6 km away
Keystone Lodge & Spa
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#1 of 7 in Keystone

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!