“Very special evening”

Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: During the Winter we offer Dogsled Rides and specialize in Wild Game Entrees. In the Summer we offer Kennel Tours with the dogs and a fun, laid back inexpensive menu in the restaurant.
Reviewed 26 March 2017

What an amazing Colorado experience!
The dogs howl when you arrive. What a haunting sound from the beautiful woods.
The restaurant is a lovely old wood cabin. The staff took such good care of us and were so professional they helped suggest a delicious wine and even adjusted a menu item to fit my dietary needs.
It was a very special night from start to finish! I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Krabloonik is located in an old wooden lodge in the woods above Snowmass. It was snowing the night we went and it felt like a bit of an adventure to wind along the road by car. You have to keep following the signs through some parking lots and eventually reach the restaurant. But when you do it feels remote and as if you have traveled back in time. We didn't try out the dog sledding but I feel certain that it could only be big fun to arrive by sled. The dogs were in their kennels when we arrived, so we missed out on all canine activity. It's a cozy environment with a fairly small number of tables as well as a bar area and a "play pit" near the fireplace where children can roam around if dinner gets boring. Krabloonik is famous for their game and their mushroom soup. I tried the wild boar scallopine which I found a little salty but tender. And I ordered the filet mignon. The mushroom soup looked delicious but rich. My food was yummy -- but I don't think you really go for the food, but for the atmosphere which is very special. The food is very good -- but it is simple. Meat, well prepared, a fancy mashed potato and a few roasted vegetables. Everything was delicious and nicely prepared. But I acknowledge that I may have missed the highlights by not ordering the game. In any case, I highly recommend Krabloonik. You are miles away in spirit from glizty Aspen.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Enjoyed a delicious dinner after the twilight dogsled ride. We both enjoy unusual "can't find at home" meals while on vacation, and Krabloonik fit the bill. This was the only restaurant that I found serving game (elk and wild boar) in the area. Their signature mushroom soup was the best we've ever had. Highly recommend for a special romantic dinner.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

A special place with good food and a great setting. Kids will like the sled dogs (if there is daylight). Otherwise they will certainly hear them!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Booked a secured a reservation for 2 couples to celebrate Valentine's Day. The restaurant unilaterally cancelled the reservation on the day citing "we could. It reach you on your cell" and left no message - in 2017 ? Seriously ??

Sloppy management - one can only guess what happens in the kitchen...

1  Thank Journeyman31