The Oakwood Inn
US$62
US$73
US$102
US$94
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We were visiting family for the weekend and didn't feel like spending $150 a night for a room we were literally just going to sleep in. The positive reviews were good enough for me and I was not disappointed. We stayed in room 4 and it was very spacious and included a full size fridge. The laminate flooring and flat screen tv are great updates. It was quiet except for the occasional train whistle a few blocks away. A minute's drive to down town. I had a late arrival but called ahead and was accommodated easily. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Total rip-off!! I arrived during check-in hours. The door to the front desk was locked. I called the number that was taped to the door, waited an hour and a half and no one called back. I never got a response, never got a key or a room. Now they say they will only give me a 50% refund because I didn't cancel far enough in advance!
The hotel looks abandoned. It's totally creepy. Stay away!! This place sucks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Joe F, General Manager at The Oakwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your review Suzann. Sorry we missed you when you came to check in!

We do have Check-In Instructions on the travel site you booked letting our guests know arrangements should be made prior to arrival.

We also wrote you that evening and said there was obviously no cancellation fee being charged. It is strange you claim we charged a fee, it was never our intention. Please contact us so we can resolve this.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, we will use your input to better our property for future guests.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

As noted in other reviews, the outside needs work--parking lot is full of holes, no sign at night--almost drove past it. Overall, a little spooky at night--not scary but run down in the daylight. $65. Large room--full size fridge, microwave, sink, electric stove. Flat screen TV, dresser, shelves, desk but desk chair was dirty and stained. No crib available. 2 queen beds but one bed was on a frame that stuck out 6 inches beyond the box spring and was very painful on ankles when you walked by. Mostly clean, but worn out. Room was cold when we arrived, but warmed up fairly quickly. No breakfast. I might stay there again by myself, but would not recommend my wife or daughter and grandkids stay there by themselves.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Joe F, General Manager at The Oakwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Hello Bob, thank you for your review. We are in the process of renovating and remodeling the exterior and interior of the hotel and changing operational management. Our apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with your family! I will be looking into getting a crib and changing out the box spring and desk chair in the room. Thank you for your suggestions and I hope you will consider us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We stayed in the room around back that faced the side street. The outside looked a bit "shady" but the room itself was quite nice especially for the money. The beds were firm, there was a full kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, stove, sink and cupboards. The shower had great pressure but the tub was verrrry slow to drain and by the third shower in the morning there was plenty of standing water in the tub. That was really the only drawback.

Room Tip: The room around back with a kitchenette was very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank GBWeasel
Reviewed 8 February 2016

Just spent one night here, but the management was nice and the room was in good shape. It was also a very good value for $55. I don't think there were any major drawbacks at all. I would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on ground level.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo