“Fantastic - Innovative and delicious food, friendly warm service”
Review of La Tour Restaurant

La Tour Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tour Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Village Center Rd
Transit: If you are riding the Vail Bus, please get off at either the Solaris or Bridge Street stops. If your arriving by Eco Transit or hotel shuttles get off at the top level of the Vail Transportation Center and walk down the steps to your right. We are located directly across the street from the West end of the Vail Transportation Center.
Description: Chef Paul Ferzacca is the chef, owner, and force behind the La Tour experience. Dedicated to developing the best restaurant in Vail he is passionate about creating lasting memories through his carefully crafted dishes.
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Of all of the places we ate during our week in Vail, La Tour rose to the top and was our favorite. The service was friendly, warm and without pretense yet very professional. The food was outstanding - interesting combinations of ingredients, well prepared and with a lovely presentation. We had the lamb, bass and tuna and each one was wonderful. We will definitely come back here again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Soooo good!! Only thing to skip is the escargot...not in the shells and the sauce overpowered the flavor of the snail. Everything else was AMAZING!!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My fifth meal in four years at La Tour was beyond outstanding, as were the prior four. I consider La Tour one of the best dining events in the country. At La Tour I expect 4 star food and service, and am always very pleasantly surprised on the upside. I really like the warm happy vibe that I get from other diners--everyone is in that mode of happily sighing with contentment as they dine, drink, and converse their way through a classic meal.

Tonight I did the chef's tasting and wine paring. Absolutely outstanding tastes. The wines ere perfectly paired with the food., which itself was tone perfect. No tricks here, none of those over-the-top promises--just incredibly great tastes all perfectly cooked. And the service was even better than that: perfectly timed wines about 1 minute before the course, and all cleared without notice.

Interestingly, the service may have been at the very top of all my restaurant meals for the past couple of years. They never hovered, but even in moving around the room, the entire wait staff made eye contact with every table. I thought about a second pour of my pinot, and within seconds the wait staff moved from serving wine at a different table to asking what I wanted. I've tried to get the attention of wait staff in other restaurants, but here it was effortless.

Go to La Tour an enjoy. You are in for a treat. The food, service, wine, and ambience are beyond outstanding.

Dr. Bob Gleeson

2  Thank drbob1948
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My boyfriend and i go to Vail every two weeks during the ski season and always eat at La Tour. It never ceases to amaze us how absolutely fabulous the food, service etc. They are also generous sharing recipe tips. We don't ever miss a visit to La Tour everytime we are in Vail or even in the vicinity. Do yourself a favor and go there.
Dr. J

1  Thank VictoriaJohnsonMD
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've been coming to Vail for years, and La Tour has been consistently the best experience around. Our server Sara, suggested the foie gras and the pork ribeye. . . outstanding! The pork is one of the best dishes I've ever had. The other notable dishes were the sweetbreads, tuna poke, and lamb chop. All in all, the service is exemplary and the food delicious!

1  Thank camparinow

Been to La Tour Restaurant? Share your experiences!